The perfect guy to bring onto the staff...

BSpringsteen

Bob Sanders.

His NFL career must be nearing an end and he'll be looking for the next thing.

He was the identity of the Iowa football resurgence more than anyone else.

He sells the hard work attitude of a 1 star recruit...

He sells the sizzle of being an NFL MVP and Champion.

I know that being a great player doesn't always translate into being a great coach. I also don't know if Bob has any aspirations for this.

But, the kid could play.

Ya know... I never thought about this, but I totally agree. Bob would definitely bring some fire to the defense and would help get Iowa back to being the bullies of the Big Ten.

Bob Sanders.

I know that being a great player doesn't always translate into being a great coach. I also don't know if Bob has any aspirations for this.

But, the kid could play.

I completely agree. Are we the only staff in the country with no coaches that played meaningful D1 football? Every staff Hayden had involved former players. That ended up turning out ok.

Maybe D-backs coach or linebacker coach. Just give him a start. The guy's a winner.

I know this is sacrilegious around these parts, but the evidence in the development of players S&C and in game S&C is that Doyle needs to get a hold of Doyle.

You're right and the results at NFL combine tests by Iowa players are far less than stellar.

Bob Sanders.

But, the kid could play.

I dont think Bob is done playing

promote Phil Parker to DC and then put Sanders in as a DB coach, not sure i want somebody with no coaching experience at a DC spot

He would be a great LB and DB coach, would love to see abunch of lil Bob trainees flying around laying wood.

You're right and the results at NFL combine tests by Iowa players are far less than stellar.

If our program was a major for a career in the NFL you're sarcasm would be warranted.

The results on the field show us being out muscled and out conditioned.

Maybe there are external factors at play outside of Doyle's control, but there is no denying that our S&C program is not what it was.

Nice idea, but it takes more than intensity to be a great coach. Sanders was one of the greatest players of the Ferentz era...probably the biggest "difference-maker". But great player does not necessarily = good coach.

If Bob has an interest in coaching and is really a scheme guy that knows how to teach...sure, bring him in as D-backs coach and move Phil Parker to DC. We could use a winner with intensity on that staff.

But great player does not necessarily = great coach.

Chuck Long as been criticized, but HF put him in a position to coach DB's and actually did quite well
as a HC, OC or QB'S coach he has never been that good, if he'd go back to DB coach, i say do it, Phil Parker will more than likely be the DC, just like he was when Norm was in the Hospital or unable to be in the stadium
HF new how to pick his coaches and put them in a position to succeed

Brian Ferentz

Nothing rejuvunates a burnt out coach more than working with his son.

Latest posts