The Opening Tip: Plenty on the Line When Hawkeyes Host Penn State

CJ Fredrick with a chance to return for Iowa. Myreon Jones might be back for Penn State. Absences have been big for both teams.

We have a press conference with Fran at 1:45 today. Should get an update on CJF.

11:00 a.m. start. Not good for student attendance. Most will still be sleeping off their hangovers.

Good to hear on CJ. Time for some home cooking tomorrow at Carver. I'll bet Luka and JW don't go 0-10 from deep tomorrow.

Beat them statistically in most categories in the first go around. Turnovers seemed to be a key factor with 15 for IA and 8 for PSU on a not so neutral court. They've been struggling offensively the last 3 games it would seem with production in the 60's in each game.

Hopefully we'll see little or no evidence of nagging injuries from CJ and Luka.

Penn State under Chambers plays thug ball. Iowa needs to give it right back to them and the CHA crowd needs to be almost over-bearing on the stripes to neutralize PSU’s physical play.

Wonder what crew we’ve got.

Sellout crowd. Iowa needs to take advantage by jumping out quickly. I agree with trj. I think Hawks beat their asses, 83-71.

We got this. Penn St. has had one less day of rest than the Hawks. Tough turnaround for PSU after hanging on against Rutgers. At least we are at home and not that sweat box in Philly. We got CJ back! Hope this is the game JW breaks out of his slump.

Latest posts