The Opening Tip: No. 4 Michigan Awaits Hawkeyes in Ann Arbor

I’m not very optimistic they can win this game. I would be happy with a competitive game and I’m hoping they don’t get smoked.

Uhhh... we gettin' smoked this game. Gonna be a cold, B1G, slap in the face type beatdown I'm afraid.

Injury report? We have played better Michigan teams tough, but I dunno, we are hurting..........

We'll need the Kriener miracle game vs Michigan in the BTT....except instead of just Kriener its the whole team.

Teske vs Garza should be fun.

Iowa could win this. They wont, but they could.

It would be amazing if we were to win this game. There's a good chance we'll get thumped good. But, whatever, I'll be watching.

This is probably what will happen. Hopefully people keep things in perspective. Playing the #4 team on the road isn't usually a recipe for victory.

exactly - keep it in perspective. Iowa is gonna lose tonight - know that and you'll be fine. Any other outcome, be elated, but know ahead of time that Iowa is going to lose. Most teams are going to lose on the road against the # 4 team in the country, even top 10 teams. This loss, no matter by how much, is not going to hurt Iowa in any way. Lunardi currently has Iowa projected in the field, losing to UM won't change that perception. This is a Quad 1 game - win or lose it - it isn't gonna hurt. This is literally a night where Iowa has nothing to lose besides a game against a quality opponent and EVERYBODY is gonna have those.

I'm just excited to see how they compete. Since the Depaul game - the effort and intensity has risen so far that while it could end up being a 20 point game in the end, I expect it to be much closer through out.

It's really going to be interesting. There are some really intriguing match-ups in this game.

McCaffery vs Simpson
Toussaint vs Simpson
Wieskamp vs. Livers
Garza vs Testicals

Simpson against Bohannon the past few years has been a mismatch, especially on our defensive end. Now, Connor can play him physical...but take him down low at the other end. Toussaint is what I'm waiting to see...cause I think Toussaint will not only play him physical...he will stay in front of him.

I really think the big question mark is Fredericks. We need him to play and be healthy. That extra pressure at the three point line is big. He's a guy that shoots well everywhere too...just a great stroke.

If we shoot the ball well from three...we are in this game. I'm not saying we will win...but it's no blow out.

Line movement has mostly gone in Iowa's favor. Down to 6 and 6.5 in some places. Late movement seems to be trending back towards Michigan though. However it opened at 8 and won't get back to that

Well, in a few hours we will either be in sole possession of 1st place or sole possession of last place.

Latest posts