The Opening Tip: Iowa Trying to Get Back on Track in Minneapolis Matinee

This was already going to be tough with them having a week off. No CJ makes it difficult to see a realistic path to victory. Less than 10 TOs, MN shooting their season average from 3, less than 5 offensive rebounds by MN and 4 Hawks in double figures is what it will take IMO.

I think it is time here for Fran to circle the wagons, knowing what we have down the stretch and go to each player to define roles.

Joe W: we need you to get the ball in your hands more and go to the basket. You need to make your presence felt early and not let someone take you out of the game. Dont settle for 3's and stand around the 3 point line. Go get the ball at the end of the shot clock and make something happen.

Garza: keep doing what you are doing. If you are open, shoot.

CMac: run the offense at the end of the shot clock and distribute to someone else and dont let yourself be the outlet and get stuck with the ball. Go to the rim more and put pressure on the bigs.

Kriener: dont get out of position, keep your hands up and rebound. On the offensive end we desperately need you to hit the elbow jumper when you are wide open. Go to the gym right now and practice that shot again and again.

Joe T: slow down and let the offense come to you. Swing the ball.and when it comes to you and you are being defended man to man, take the ball to the hole. And, after the opponent makes a shot, dont run 1000 mph to the other end. Manage the game, slow it down and make the defense work.

Pemsl: for God's sake, shoot the 6-8 footer. You are wide open and not even looking to shoot. Look up, have confidence and shoot it. You can make it. Rebound.

Evelyn: play like a senior, close out on shooters, handle the ball and like JoeT, take it to the hole when you have one guy to beat.

Everyone else: play defense, rebound and pass thr ball to someone else.

Minnesota will likely shoot out of their mind from 3 like Purdue and Indiana because that's what happens against us on the road. Just once it'd be great if our road opponent shot poorly.

Minnesota will likely shoot out of their mind from 3 like Purdue and Indiana because that's what happens against us on the road. Just once it'd be great if our road opponent shot poorly.
They shot clang city in Carver, don't expect that this time. Even so it was a close game and I believe CJ had a good game. It's gonna be an uphill climb.

This was already going to be tough with them having a week off. No CJ makes it difficult to see a realistic path to victory. Less than 10 TOs, MN shooting their season average from 3, less than 5 offensive rebounds by MN and 4 Hawks in double figures is what it will take IMO.
I saw Georgetown beat Butler with 5 scholarship players available and like 3 guys playing 40 minutes. I guess it’s possible.

I saw Georgetown beat Butler with 5 scholarship players available and like 3 guys playing 40 minutes. I guess it’s possible.
I checked the box score. GT had 4 players in double figures. They had 7 TOs. Butler shot 28.1% from 3 and gave up 13 offensive rebounds. So they played a pretty clean game. I definitely think we can and probably will win if our box score is comparable.

In the first meeting with Minnesota, Bohannon handed out 10 assists without a turnover and still had another game to play before shutting it down.

Latest posts