The Opening Tip: Hawkeyes Hit the Road Again with Trip to Northwestern

Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but this would be a great night for some of the others to pick up some of the scoring burden. Toussaint, Evelyn, Pemsl, C Mac. Would be great to see a few of those guys get into double figures. Obviously winning is the main thing and maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but it would certainly be awesome to take some of the burden off Garza and Wieskamp for a game.

Hopefully they are not taking this game for granted. We don't need to see another performance like the one in Lincoln.

I think this team realizes how hard it is to play away from home, luckily they've had a lot of practice at doing it up to this point. I want Iowa to win tonight. I think they can win tonight. I just don't know that they will. Northwestern is actually playing pretty well and was beating Indiana for most of that game the other night and got a W against Nebraska. They definitely would be considered a team that's kind of figuring it's self out as opposed to a team that is dwindling or in a tail spin regardless of their record. They have a ton of new pieces that are still gelling. They aren't a good team, but they are capable of being one at some point. As PC said in another posts, in CBB, even bad teams are capable of playing well and beating good teams that don't bring their A game, especially at home where they are more comfortable but they can't sustain it. That's what separates the have's and have not's, the good teams and the bad. Iowa will need to bring their A game to win tonight, I have no doubt of it.

This should be a better matchup for a depleted Iowa roster. We are going to suffer when we have to play faster teams unless/until we get CJ back for some more depth at guard. But, I would think we should defend this team and Garza should get his on the offensive end.

Northwestern's results so far have been super weird.

They lost to Radford, Merrimack and Hartford which are all remarkably bad losses. They lost those 3 games by a combined 22 points.

On the flip side they lost 4 games to Michigan State, @ Indiana, @ Minnesota and @ DePaul by a combined 23 points.

That's not going to happen. Nebraska and Ohio State tip off an hour and a half before us.

giphy.gif

Big 10 teams in true road games this season...

Wisconsin 3-2
Michigan State 2-1
Iowa 2-2

Everyone else is below .500. So Iowa becomes 1 of only 3 conference teams with a winning record on the road with a win tonight.

Note - Loss to Penn State isn’t considered a road game per ESPN.

Latest posts