The Opening Tip: Hawkeyes Begin Two-Game Road Trip in Indiana

I really like our chances in this one. Hope the Hoosiers don’t have a record setting Purdue-like 3 pt. FG display against the Hawks. We can and should dominate inside the post on offense and defense. Luka could easily go off for another 40 pt. game on these guys. He also needs to start bringing his rebounding average back up. Would be awesome to see him get 20 rebounds.

I really like our chances in this one. Hope the Hoosiers don’t have a record setting Purdue-like 3 pt. FG display against the Hawks. We can and should dominate inside the post on offense and defense. Luka could easily go off for another 40 pt. game on these guys. He also needs to start bringing his rebounding average back up. Would be awesome to see him get 20 rebounds.
Indiana doesn’t have anyone who can guard Garza but nobody really does. I would not say Iowa will dominate inside on defense though. Indiana plays bigger and Iowa doesn’t really have anyone who can match up with Trace Jackson Davis at all. I expect a lot of zone out of Iowa just have to hope we can get the rebounds and they don’t shoot way above their average. Indiana’s backs are up against the wall right now and that scares me.

I think we should and will win. But they have talent and won’t be stunned if we lose...Big 10 on the road. I have no doubt we are the better team. But on any given night...looking at you Purdue.

Hawks will need 3 things to happen to win this game, 1) hit some 3s 2) defend the perimeter , and 3) rebound. When your on the road in the Big Ten this year if you don't do these things there is a good chance you will lose. I suppose you need these things to happen in any game to have a chance, but this year most of the Big Ten teams are so close in talent that if you don't compete in these areas you will lose. Mich. St. at Illinois was a perfect example. Mich St. hit some 3s, they defended the perimeter, and rebounded well and escaped with a 1 point win.

Hawks will need 3 things to happen to win this game, 1) hit some 3s 2) defend the perimeter , and 3) rebound. When your on the road in the Big Ten this year if you don't do these things there is a good chance you will lose. I suppose you need these things to happen in any game to have a chance, but this year most of the Big Ten teams are so close in talent that if you don't compete in these areas you will lose. Mich. St. at Illinois was a perfect example. Mich St. hit some 3s, they defended the perimeter, and rebounded well and escaped with a 1 point win.

This! Garza has done and will do what he does. The problems in the bad losses have been JoeW - CJ - C-Mac tend to fall flat on the perimeter and it becomes 5 on 1.

Gotta have the shooters do their job - even just averagely - to make this work to potential.

ESPN BPI gives Iowa a 48.7% chance to win

RealtimeRPI has Iowa losing 82-74 o_O

Torvik has Iowa losing 76-75

Latest posts