The Ohio St game maybe the most important game of the year

HaydenHawk56

outside of the NCAA tournament and or a possible rematch with an Illinois, Michigan, or Ohio St again in the BTT.

Iowa needs a signature win over that team to feel good about themselves. They have some nice wins, but that center piece is empty.

They were up 11 on Ohio St at one point in their last game. It would be great to finish the game that way.

They need to know they can beat a team with the quality of a Ohio St deep in the NCAA tournament.

I believe we will win. If not we are going to still have a good team we still can do damage in the tournament. Look how far we have come with Fran. Yes we have holes in this team but look where we were at 10 years ago

Best we can do now is a 3 seed in the Big 10 tournament. If we lose again we will almost certainly lose a double bye. Funny thing is if we do win out our NCAA tournament seed will probably be higher than our Big 10 tournament seed.

Not the biggest game, but certainly the biggest game right now. Iowa can still win two games and finish in the top four of the conference. But for their confidence it is a big game.

Best we can do now is a 3 seed in the Big 10 tournament. If we lose again we will almost certainly lose a double bye. Funny thing is if we do win out our NCAA tournament seed will probably be higher than our Big 10 tournament seed.

If the Hawks lose tomorrow @ Ohio State

Even if they win the last 2 games at Carver

Against Nebraska and Wisconsin

Purdue has a very solid chance of getting the double-bye

They are 9-1 at home

Their last 2 games are against Wisconsin and Indiana in Layfette

Iowa and Purdue and currently tied for fourth place

With 11-6 records

Purdue only has 2 more games scheduled

The game against Nebraska was postponed and not rescheduled

Hawks have 3 games

Prospects are a bit dim

Hawks have 3 games

If the Hawks lose tomorrow @ Ohio State

Even if they win the last 2 games at Carver

Against Nebraska and Wisconsin

Purdue has a very solid chance of getting the double-bye

They are 9-1 at home

Their last 2 games are against Wisconsin and Indiana in Layfette

Iowa and Purdue and currently tied for fourth place

With 11-6 records

Purdue only has 2 more games scheduled

The game against Nebraska was postponed and not rescheduled

Hawks have 3 games

Prospects are a bit dim

Hawks have 3 games
That's the way it appears it is going to happen.

Well...Ohio State is the most physical team in the conference. They are big and physical down low and they really get physical with Garza the minute he crosses the top of the key. I thought there was some pretty cheap shots on Garza last time we played these guys...that the refs didn't call.

The first Ohio State game was when something happened with the officiating on Garza. I'm not sure if it was the Izzo complaints, "you can't even touch their big guy" that changed the way things are being called...but Garza is not getting many 50/50 calls these days...and he's getting punished. Dickenson got away with alot of body on some of those shots...and the level of physicality on Garza is crazy.

Watch the action from OSU when Garza gets to the paint. OSU has three bruisers (Lidell, Key, and Young)...and they all really hammer you physically.

The point is that...without Nunge...we are vulnerable to physical teams...and the offensive glass against a team like OSU could hurt us consistently. Couple that with their athleticism...and we are going to have to have a Big Game from Garza and shoot the three really, really well to win.

Well...Ohio State is the most physical team in the conference. They are big and physical down low and they really get physical with Garza the minute he crosses the top of the key. I thought there was some pretty cheap shots on Garza last time we played these guys...that the refs didn't call.

The first Ohio State game was when something happened with the officiating on Garza. I'm not sure if it was the Izzo complaints, "you can't even touch their big guy" that changed the way things are being called...but Garza is not getting many 50/50 calls these days...and he's getting punished. Dickenson got away with alot of body on some of those shots...and the level of physicality on Garza is crazy.

Watch the action from OSU when Garza gets to the paint. OSU has three bruisers (Lidell, Key, and Young)...and they all really hammer you physically.

The point is that...without Nunge...we are vulnerable to physical teams...and the offensive glass against a team like OSU could hurt us consistently. Couple that with their athleticism...and we are going to have to have a Big Game from Garza and shoot the three really, really well to win.
We have two choices. Either we conclude that Luka has inexplicably lost his shooting touch or, the way he is being mugged is being ignored by the officials. Believe your eyes.

Agree that something has changed about how the refs are calling the contact with Garza, it started a few games ago but against Michigan it started on the first play of the game, where their center came out and started bumping on Garza at the 3 point line and made contact with Garza on three moves he tried to make but didn't draw a call. I thought "oh shit" and that's is how the game was called all night. Something must have been sent from on high about how the officials were going to call plays on Garza. The constant monitor viewing is getting tedious as coaches around the league are telling their players to start flopping ever time Garza breathes on them to get him out of the game. I really blame the conference for not seeing this as the ploy that it is by conference coaches to try to nullify Garza. Man, you would think the league would protect their possible POY from this bullshit.

Agree that something has changed about how the refs are calling the contact with Garza, it started a few games ago but against Michigan it started on the first play of the game, where their center came out and started bumping on Garza at the 3 point line and made contact with Garza on three moves he tried to make but didn't draw a call. I thought "oh shit" and that's is how the game was called all night. Something must have been sent from on high about how the officials were going to call plays on Garza. The constant monitor viewing is getting tedious as coaches around the league are telling their players to start flopping ever time Garza breathes on them to get him out of the game. I really blame the conference for not seeing this as the ploy that it is by conference coaches to try to nullify Garza. Man, you would think the league would protect their possible POY from this bullshit.
Shows how much lack of respect we have as a potential top spot place holder.

With Young hopefully not playing and JW showing up for both halfs.....I expect Iowa to win this. Will it actually happen or not is a different story.

I just want the double bye and we can let everything play out from there.

It's gonna be tough. Nunge is, in some ways, our most important reserve. Our ceiling noticeably dropped when he went down.

My message to the guys would be to play hard every game and, what shakes out in the end, is what it is. I would hate for them to be looking at this game as make or break for the season, as we're very likely to lose it. As big of a confidence boost as that would be (in addition to being a nice W in material terms - B10 tourney seeding in particular), you certainly don't want to be walking out of Columbus feeling like it's over. A lot of basketball left to be played, win or lose. Losing this game really doesn't change that much.

The cheap shots were very timely and seriously affected the game, every time.
It was Bo Boroski's crew.

If he is working today's game, mark it as a loss

Luka is fatigued, being double and triple-teamed the entire season has taken its
toll. The shots that bounced off the rim, over and over again at Michigan went in earlier in the season.

This team has the character and skill to rise to the occasion. They have pride and
the attitude to play thru the situation.

We shall see.

Latest posts