The Official Game thread: #25 Iowa @ lowly 7-20 Nebraska

Already a lock. :) This is a game to work on some stuff. One, you don't look past them and take them less seriously and you can use it as a 5 on 5 practice to work on stuff.

Still want to see more damn JO. You need a big guy, his fouls, and size can help you out in the post season but he hasn't got minutes to advance that much. Is he a bust? Not sure why you bring him along like he can replace somebody next year instead of making a real contribution to a run at the end of this year. No Nunge and now if Keegan leaves I don't know how you don't regret this. I imagined more dumping it in to him and freeing Keegan up w/o the ball more and some in and out and give and go. More balance between in and out than we have now with Keegan on the perimeter and no true center in the paint.

Think they try to run tonight and get 100 or keep more of a D focus, press, and work the ball around some more. Get some more points in the paint and less quick 3 pointers. Maybe more a 76-59 kind of thing?

Already a lock. :) This is a game to work on some stuff. One, you don't look past them and take them less seriously and you can use it as a 5 on 5 practice to work on stuff.

Still want to see more damn JO. You need a big guy, his fouls, and size can help you out in the post season but he hasn't got minutes to advance that much. Is he a bust? Not sure why you bring him along like he can replace somebody next year instead of making a real contribution to a run at the end of this year. No Nunge and now if Keegan leaves I don't know how you don't regret this. I imagined more dumping it in to him and freeing Keegan up w/o the ball more and some in and out and give and go. More balance between in and out than we have now with Keegan on the perimeter and no true center in the paint.

I disagree, if Iowa were to lose the rest of the games it would put them at 19-12 (9-11 in conf) and squarely on the bubble.

I love how the Nebraska AD already came out in support for Freddy coming back next year. It's like he is making a big deal about it when everyone knows he won't get another decent coach to take that gig. It is the same shit he pulled with Frost during the football season.

Hopefully Murray keeps his streak going and our guards continue their stellar play. Hopefully this win will keep moving our overall D efficiency in the right direction.

Keep improving, work on rebounding, defense, anything new. Push towards the tourney. Like Duke of old, you don't play to your opponents level, you crush them.

I disagree, if Iowa were to lose the rest of the games it would put them at 19-12 (9-11 in conf) and squarely on the bubble.
So wait. They are gonna lose the rest of the games? They are a lock because there is no chance they are losing the rest of the games barring injury or unforeseen circumstance.

The Fran fade is BS and all that. Now losing the rest of the games is a possibility? I get lost in all the back and forth here sometimes. You have the faith in them or not really?

I am not quite there yet, till this continues through last two games, that real postseason success is gonna happen this year but they are getting in.

Last edited:
So wait. They are gonna lose the rest of the games? They are a lock because there is no chance they are losing the rest of the games barring injury or unforeseen circumstance.

The Fran fade is BS and all that. Now losing the rest of the games is a possibility? I get lost in all the back and forth here sometimes. You have the faith in them or not really?

I am not quite there yet, till this continues through last two games, that real postseason success is gonna happen this year but they are getting in.
ok, fair enough. Win tonight and they really are a lock.

I am not quite there yet, till this continues through last two games, that real postseason success is gonna happen this year but they are getting in.i

I think highly unlikely they lose all of their games at this point...but I do agree with ss....if they lose out NIT 1 seed. I still think the fade has some merits....this year it seems to be bucking the trend. Good deal. Last year some would argue it also bucked the trend...and I would tend to agree other than not living up to the 2 seed line aspirations. Of course, Iowa took it up the ass their as well playing a team in Oregon who was underseated and was the only team in the tournament who got to avoid their first round game from covid and got to sit back and watch Iowa play. Making the tourney this year would be impressive this year for Fran considering what they lost last year. A tangable run in the NCAAs would put Fran in a new light. Tonight should get them firmly in with a win.

Last edited:
Yes
I think highly unlikely they lose all of their games at this point...but I do agree with ss....if they lose out NIT 1 seed. I still think the fade has some merits....this year it seems to be bucking the trend. Good deal. Last year some would argue it also bucked the trend...and I would tend to agree other than not living up to the 2 seed line aspirations. Of course, Iowa took it up the ass their as well playing a team in Oregon who was underseated and was the only team in the tournament who got to avoid their first round game from covid and got to sit back and watch Iowa play. Making the tourney this year would be impressive this year for Fran considering what they lost last year. A tangable run in the NCAAs would put Fran in a new light. Tonight should get them firmly in with a win.
True, nobody would expect the NCAA if they actually lost out. They could actually still be in line for a play in game though if the right combo of teams lost and all the Iowa losses were 3 point or less and Keegan missed them with an ankle sprain but he was gonna be good to go for the tourney ;).

Getting way off topic here. Go hawks! 79-66 good guys win!

Yes

True, nobody would expect the NCAA if they actually lost out. They could actually still be in line for a play in game though if the right combo of teams lost and all the Iowa losses were 3 point or less and Keegan missed them with an ankle sprain but he was gonna be good to go for the tourney ;).

Getting way off topic here. Go hawks! 79-66 good guys win!
I could see a playin as well if it came down to that. 50-50

Iowa is gonna lose tonight. The last time they played in Lincoln Iowa had Garza and Wieskamp and lost by 6 points. It happened on January 7th of 2020 and it was the last game Nebraska won that year, they finished 2-18 in conference (7-25 overall).

Nebraska 78
Iowa 69

Edit - BTW, in Carver later that season Iowa beat them by 24 points.

Looking for quick start and hearing the Iowa fans make some noise.
This should be the friendliest conference away environment the Hawks have been in.

Iowa is gonna lose tonight. The last time they played in Lincoln Iowa had Garza and Wieskamp and lost by 6 points. It happened on January 7th of 2020 and it was the last game Nebraska won that year, they finished 2-18 in conference (7-25 overall).

Nebraska 78
Iowa 69

Edit - BTW, in Carver later that season Iowa beat them by 24 points.

Hoiberg getting another year doesn't mean anything. Iowa will win by 10+