The new 'Media' Library feature

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
You will see the word 'Media' in the header on the forum pages. Here is a link to it.

This will basically serve as an ongoing depository of free Iowa sports related videos we find on the web...and they will be searchable and viewable from right here on the site. As time goes by, this will be a lot of fun. I will create several categories...one for 'Classic Games' where past games will be viewable, etc. Before long this will be very populated and more 'one stop shopping'

When I click on "Media" I get this message:

thejumper5, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

When I click on "Media" I get this message:

thejumper5, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ditto. Looks like an opt-in area?

Cool feature, Jon. Will you be the only one collecting that content? A number of HN posters link to various Iowa sports-related video. How would they contribute something if it's not already up?

Cool feature, Jon. Will you be the only one collecting that content? A number of HN posters link to various Iowa sports-related video. How would they contribute something if it's not already up?

I just enabled it so ANYONE can collect the content. I think this will make it much more dynamic and the ultimate resource. I have set it up so I have to approve it, just for understandable quality control issues...but that is time well spent. In a few months, and with a few people getting behind and contributing to this, we may have the largest aggregation of Hawkeye related video content in one location anywhere in the world.

These are the kinds of things I envisioned when I left the pay model and went to the free model and have the control like this. Crowdsourcing endeavors where everyone benefits from chipping in. It's going to be fun. Few more very cool things will be coming down the pike over the next 10 days...some that are ideas 10 years in the making.

Last edited:
It's no different than using an embed code or linking it innthe forums as we have in past. We are not sourcing it here. If you upload your content on free platforms like YouTube, you basically are making it available to the world to share. That's why if you put things on free vid platforms and you want promotion and exposure for it, you need to use character graphics in the vids

If we have videos we would like to submit, should we post a new thread in the "vbtube" forum or should we PM you?

If we have videos we would like to submit, should we post a new thread in the "vbtube" forum or should we PM you?

Meaning if you have videos that are already uploaded onto the web and you feel they should be considered for inclusion in the library, you can go through the add/upload process. Find the link to the page the video is on, paste the link in the field to the right of the 'Load' box, then hit load, and then fill out the rest. Once you have done that, shoot me a PM to let me know one is in the hopper for review. In fact, I think it might send me an email notifying me there is something in there