The Matchups: Iowa vs Ohio State

Spud’s Spin: Edge Iowa- this secondary, safeties included, for OSU is exploitable. They are aggressive, prove to penalties and do not tackle well. Iowa took advantage of them at times last season with a freshman QB making his first start. A relatively healthy unit heads home with wounded pride and a QB playing at a high level should make this a match up that Iowa can and must exploit. If Stross and Vandenberg mad hay versus this unit than DJK, McNutt and Stanzi must.

SO, basically, this means that the hawks will make it an obvious point to establish the run to setup the play-action. I have a feeling we will see lots of 3rd and longs.

5 terrible predictions

DJK will have 2 TDs on 2 receptions.
Reisner will have more receptions than the rest of the team combined with 11. Hunter 17 tackles 4 for loss.
Clayborn 2 sacks. 6 tackles.
Meyer two missed field goals one to lose the game.

If the Reisner prediction would have occurred last week, the Hawks would be heading to So Cal when Wisky loses.

Since 1979 Iowa is 4-18-1 against OSU. Before 1979, I'm not sure Iowa beat OSU in that 20 year losing stretch? OSU is playing their best football; Iowa probably their worst. When Iowa plays OSU, OSU plays their best game of the year, Iowa usually plays their worst or one of their worst games. OSU absolutely owns Iowa. OSU will exploit every Iowa weakness; Iowa will not change anything. This game will get ugly. I could be wrong.

Latest posts