The main, main things about Keegan's last second game tying tip and another thing

uihawk82

I was texting with several hawk fan buddies during the game and besides all of our 'Wows' and crazy online yells after his tip in I made the observation that most players in that situation just stand there at the arc where he was and watch the ball. Almost all the players on the floor last night after the shot was already half way to the rim were just watching.

But Keegan just took off from the arc toward the rim and made that great acrobatic tip-in. So not only was it a twisting sort of turning tip-in but it was a great, great hustle play and shows how aware and aggressive/assertive he is and can be on the floor. So super kudos to him.

The other thing I really noticed the last part of the game is we had hardly any drive and attack the basket the last 6-7 minutes of regulation and the 2 OTs. This seems to me to be an annual issue with Fran's teams and a negative. A question for all of you who have watched more minutes of games this year than me is are the hawks getting other teams into early and often foul trouble during games this year?

They should all be tracking and anticipating or fighting for position if they are already down low. Last shot time is not when you stand around. Why Keegan is good. Plays smart and gives the effort combed with his size and athletic ability.

The other issue is Fran's team have been a bit of a letdown on strength and conditioning. The "Fran Fade" is not just about the record later in the season but also they seem to run out of steam or wind somewhat.