The Lick Hater crybabies can stuff it

ChosenChildren

Where are the Lick haters now? This team played its guts out tonight and blew out Indiana in front of 16,000 on its home floor. We murdered them on the boards and outworked them from the opening tip. Did you listen to Tom Crean after the game? Fuller, May, Cougill and Payne were incredible. 3 of them are freshmen!!!

Iowa basketball is developing a different personality with these young players. If you are an Iowa fan, show up Wednesday against Ohio State. We will play them tough!

Where are the Lick haters now? This team played its guts out tonight and blew out Indiana in front of 16,000 on its home floor. We murdered them on the boards and outworked them from the opening tip. Did you listen to Tom Crean after the game? Fuller, May, Cougill and Payne were incredible. 3 of them are freshmen!!!

Iowa basketball is developing a different personality with these young players. If you are an Iowa fan, show up Wednesday against Ohio State. We will play them tough!

was there really 16k in the seats?

You are one of the problems as well. Just from the other end of the spectrum.

You're going to call them out now...and then cry yourself when the "haters" show up after our next loss.

How about enjoying the win and the improvement we have seen. Nothing positive will come with threads like this.

We have a losing record so people who are critical of Lick still have a right to be. I hope things are turning though and I'm going to try to be a the game on Wednesday and root for an upset.

I have never seen a fan base so negative about a coach. Get behind this team. I am 59 years old, not 9 years old, and I am fed up with the negative posts about Iowa basketball.

It is turning around before your eyes and you can't even see it. THEY HAVE 3 FRESHMEN PLAYING ,FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

I think it is pretty ironic that you are getting on me right now - LOL

GO HAWKS

You're going to call them out now...and then cry yourself when the "haters" show up after our next loss.

How about enjoying the win and the improvement we have seen. Nothing positive will come with threads like this.

Exactly. People just need to allow things to happen. Instead of forcing stuff down peoples throats.

We will all know when Iowa is back? It's not going to take rocket science to figure that out.

The criticism prior to the last 3 games was justified. The team looked horrible and were not playing as hard as you would expect. The last 3 games, we've seen an entirely different team. For that Lick, and the players, should be given credit.

There are plenty of teams who have 3 freshman playing. Including the team we just beat.

We are getting on you because you are acting like a child on the board. There has been plenty of reasons for skeptism on Iowa basketball lately. Hopefully we are turning a corner. But we won't know that for sure until the season continues to unfold.

There are plenty of teams who have 3 freshman playing. Including the team we just beat.

We are getting on you because you are acting like a child on the board. There has been plenty of reasons for skeptism on Iowa basketball lately. Hopefully we are turning a corner. But we won't know that for sure until the season continues to unfold.

How many of those teams give a crap about their progress in class? Easy to be a Freshman at Kentucky or any number of other programs where they do not give a crap about whether or not those Freshmen get an education.

How many of those teams give a crap about their progress in class? Easy to be a Freshman at Kentucky or any number of other programs where they do not give a crap about whether or not those Freshmen get an education.

Those are complete generalizations that you have absolutely no way of proving. I would bet Wall at Kentucky probably doesn't really care a whole lot about his degree since he is leaving for the NBA next season. But I have no proof he isn't working just as hard in the classroom right now as our players are. Do you? You think the freshmen at Duke aren't focused on their studies? Or Indiana?

I really can't overlook the fact that Indiana shot horrible last night. They did not make 1 3-pt field goal the entire night, they shot somewhere around 30%. Lets face it, we got luck to win by that much, if IU hits just a few 3pt field goals, then they are right there with us.

Regardless a huge win for the hawks, it shows these young men, that they can win on the road. I think they will play hard the rest of the way out. I wouldn't be surprised if they win a few more. OSU however will be a tough match-up, their press will cause chaos for payne!

I do have to agree - posts calling out other fans (from both sides) are getting really old. Can we not just enjoy a win without trying to stir the pot?

ChoChile, your post is long overdue! See you at the Final Four after we win the BTT!

I'm still skeptical until Lick proves he can win at Iowa. Until the last three games it doesn't take a genius to see anything but a poor basketball team. Yes they are young and do not have a full roster of players. No question about that and no question that you can't win much when in that situation.

Next year we'll have a full roster and Lick will need to win. If he doesn't win next year and for sure in year FIVE, what are the excused then? We are bad fans?

Let's not get too carried away with this win and make space for that Big 10 trophy just yet ... Yes, it was an unexpected win ... I was most happy for the players ... A win on the road against a very so-so Indiana program does not mean this program is headed in the right direction ... And for the record ... the Lick haters are still there and they outnumber the koolaid drinkers by about 20:1 ... Nice win for the Hawks ... Lick is still underachieving as a coach in year No. 3 ... I see now we are cutting the cost of concessions at Carver ... Wow ... Lick has a longgggggg way to go to win back the majority of fans who have grown tired and frustrated with Iowa basketball over the past 10 years ... Will take more than a win at Indiana to sway mass opinion ... I don't think anyone "hates" Lick; they are just frustrated with the state of the program and your e-mail was on the side of something a 12 year old might pen ...

Here are the RPI rankings of the teams Iowa has beaten.

Bowling Green 150
NC Central 345
Prarie View 264
Drake 190
S. Car. St. 258
Tenn. St. 287
PSU 220
Indiana 214

Agree.