The Fans' Answer

MJSCK

CJB admitting playing time contributed to Willies' departure on video. Tevaun Smith wondering publicly who the next is to leave. The offense regressing in year three of a new regime. The defense seeming lifeless. A team so desperately needing playmakers has them on the bench and now transferring.

This car fire has to stop.

The fans need to publicly show their desire for regime change. Stop going to the games. Stop supporting this mess with your money. It is time for Kirk to go. We don't owe this man anything. Other than the 20 million or so left on his contract.

(Jeezus, Barta, is an idiot for that contract.)

You certainly can go this route, but I don't think it is fair to the players who are out there busting their butts for Iowa and it's fans. I was really PO'd after ISU loss, but have come back to earth enough to realize while I am not happy with the coaching the players don't deserve to be given up on.

CJB admitting playing time contributed to Willies' departure on video. Tevaun Smith wondering publicly who the next is to leave. The offense regressing in year three of a new regime. The defense seeming lifeless. A team so desperately needing playmakers has them on the bench and now transferring.

The fans need to publicly show their desire for regime change. Stop going to the games. Stop supporting this mess with your money. It is time for Kirk to go. We don't owe this man anything. Other than the 20 million or so left on his contract.

I like going to the games and cheering for the team I gave time to, the school I graduated from, and that my family past and present attended (and probably future too).

There will be years are good, average, and bad. Oh, and I'll keep giving money for the seat license( err donation) so I can sit in good seats and around people that cheer more than they *****. And, I'll give some of real donations to the academic programs of the alma mater.

So, thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks.

You certainly can go this route, but I don't think it is fair to the players who are out there busting their butts for Iowa and it's fans. I was really PO'd after ISU loss, but have come back to earth enough to realize while I am not happy with the coaching the players don't deserve to be given up on.

I'm not saying we pull every player's scholly but continuing to support this team financially will keep Kirk around with the same product. He's not going to change philosophies in year 15.

I like going to the games and cheering for the team I gave time to, the school I graduated from, and that my family past and present attended (and probably future too).

There will be years are good, average, and bad. Oh, and I'll keep giving money for the seat license( err donation) so I can sit in good seats and around people that cheer more than they *****. And, I'll give some of real donations to the academic programs of the alma mater.

So, thanks for the suggestion, but no thanks.

I hate using the term "homer" but I can't think of a more fitting description for your post sir.

The subtle "I'm better than you" at the end was very... Infantile.

keep giving the department money, that's your right. I won't be renewing my season tickets until Barta or whoever decided to sponsor the national anthem is fired. It has nothing to do with the product on the field or the (in my opinion) inept coaching staff. I do like the players, I've only ever met one that I didn't think was a good kid.

But to remark to others in the fashion you did, is condescending and shares the attitude of a lot of posters who, when I first started criticizing Kirk here in 2010 had.."we don't need you anyways"

I hope you don't run a business.. Because they DO need us, they need people to support the program financially.. Not every person who threatens to not purchase tickets is going to be replaced with an equal sized donor.

I hate using the term "homer" but I can't think of a more fitting description for your post sir.

keep giving the department money, that's your right. I won't be renewing my season tickets until Barta or whoever decided to sponsor the national anthem is fired. It has nothing to do with the product on the field or the (in my opinion) inept coaching staff. I do like the players, I've only ever met one that I didn't think was a good kid.

But to remark to others in the fashion you did, is condescending and shares the attitude of a lot of posters who, when I first started criticizing Kirk here in 2010 had.."we don't need you anyways"

I hope you don't run a business.. Because they DO need us, they need people to support the program financially.. Not every person who threatens to not purchase tickets is going to be replaced with an equal sized donor.

How is what he said condescending, but the OP's or yours is not? I think many around here are beginning to think their their opinion is the only valid opinion. I don't have a problem if you or MFSCK or anyone stops going/donating/or paying to watch this product. It is your money, you decide what to do with it. On the flip side Others still enjoy the overall experience of either tailgating, the games, or just supporting the university and kids who play for it. There are people who went to Lick's BB games til the end, and would have kept going, because it isn't about the coach to them.

I don't understand why either side need to rip the other for either decision. I personally am coming close to not renewing my tickets, as it is getting to the point I want to speak with my money. Yet if others aren't there, I don't have a problem with that.

We are making the trip down this weekend. My wife and i and our 4 kids. We love going to Kinnick. My kids have been talking about this for weeks and are very excited. Good friends of ours have a son on the team. He has been a huge, positive role model in my children's lives. They cant wait to see him in an Iowa uniform and get to talk to him after the game. I know how much time, effort and energy he put in just so he could be an Iowa Hawkeye.

So, based on your logic I should tell my kids we can't go?

We are making the trip down this weekend. My wife and i and our 4 kids. We love going to Kinnick. My kids have been talking about this for weeks and are very excited. Good friends of ours have a son on the team. He has been a huge, positive role model in my children's lives. They cant wait to see him in an Iowa uniform and get to talk to him after the game. I know how much time, effort and energy he put in just so he could be an Iowa Hawkeye.

So, based on your logic I should tell my kids we can't go?

Who's that Sodakhawkeye?

Come on Hocks. I don't see why his opinion is not as welcome as the next guy. Just Saying. You should know what its like when someone is unfair

He's absolutely entitled to do so, my point with my reason is everyone is free to go or not to go, as he is... But the "we don't need you" attitude is toxic for a program where Iowa is right now. I remember a time where there weren't empty seats at Kinnick, and as is evident by just reading this message board, other people notice the empty seats now as well.. Because there is a lot.

I remember going to Games that sold out and we would win one or two games a year. Iowa Football is bigger than any Fr WR, or even KF for that matter

I would say if your a fan that wants a change go to the game. Don't participate in the card stunt.

With all the crap going on this year plus the absolute bloody abortion of a home schedule next year I can damn near guarantee season tickets renewals will be down a lot next season.

He's absolutely entitled to do so, my point with my reason is everyone is free to go or not to go, as he is... But the "we don't need you" attitude is toxic for a program where Iowa is right now. I remember a time where there weren't empty seats at Kinnick, and as is evident by just reading this message board, other people notice the empty seats now as well.. Because there is a lot.

I didn't get that at all from his post. In fact, it seemed to me that he was only speaking for himself and nobody else. Looks to me like you're reaching for something that isn't there. His comments are definitely not something to be offended by.

First off.....are fans not suppose to be homers? Some of your insider info has panned out, but now it is becoming apparent that you have an agenda. Clearly, you are not a homer, or maybe not even an Iowa fan. You have an agenda that you openly admit that is anti-KF. And you are posting inflammatory info out of the locker room, and you have the gall to complain about Cecil just stating that he will continue to support the program....if he is a homer, you are the opposite, which could be someone determined to drag down Iowa football to cause the demise of KF.

First off.....are fans not suppose to be homers? Some of your insider info has panned out, but now it is becoming apparent that you have an agenda. Clearly, you are not a homer, or maybe not even an Iowa fan. You have an agenda that you openly admit that is anti-KF. And you are posting inflammatory info out of the locker room, and you have the gall to complain about Cecil just stating that he will continue to support the program....if he is a homer, you are the opposite, which could be someone determined to drag down Iowa football to cause the demise of KF.

I'm no different than anyone else that isn't happy with Kirk Ferentz. There is no "take down the program" agenda in my posts.. If you recall my first one was saying that Scherff was coming back.. It's just info that I share with this board bc for some reason I'm privy to it, and I know I've always appreciated when others have done it. Also, on that thread I'm fairly certain I said that I support Kirk (this was last year) because the players I had talked to said they love playing for him.

And maybe I read the post wrong and took it in the wrong way.. I am human, this is the Internet and textual with no tone, so my apologies.

I'm no different than anyone else that isn't happy with Kirk Ferentz. There is no "take down the program" agenda in my posts.. If you recall my first one was saying that Scherff was coming back.. It's just info that I share with this board bc for some reason I'm privy to it, and I know I've always appreciated when others have done it. Also, on that thread I'm fairly certain I said that I support Kirk (this was last year) because the players I had talked to said they love playing for him.

I do not like to accuse fans of evil intentions, and I concede that you probably are just another frustrated fan, like all of us.
How bout we just win the last five and give the program some love?

Latest posts