The Experts

NightmanCometh

One of the fools on "The Experts" show just said "Adam Clayborn". Okay I understand that Iowa is not the highest on the totem pole, but to not know a preseason All American's name is pretty weak. They also all made sure to remind us that Arizona is faster. It never gets old. Time for the boys to go to the desert and curb stomp the Mildcats.

The experts talk SEC for 30 minutes and every other conference for 15 except the B10 which is lucky to get 5 minutes.

Well the B10 does have its own network and the SEC did sign with the ESPN for a somewhat quasi network deal on ESPNU. It's understood.

If we win by 20 points, how many spots do we drop in the polls? How many spots will Arizona move up?

The AZ is faster thing wears on me. At some point they have to figure these teams are not any faster than the Hawks. I mean GT was faster too. It never ends. AZ was faster last year, yet I recall a certain 6 ft 4 inch 285 pound defensive end catching a cetain running back from the backside on a run last year. But yeah, big Iowa boys are slow.

The AZ is faster thing wears on me. At some point they have to figure these teams are not any faster than the Hawks. I mean GT was faster too. It never ends. AZ was faster last year, yet I recall a certain 6 ft 4 inch 285 pound defensive end catching a cetain running back from the backside on a run last year. But yeah, big Iowa boys are slow.

say what you want, but do you think different teams have overall different team speeds, or is every team equal? that being said, do you really think iowa has the best overall team speed in college football?

it was apparent to me from watching last years game that AZ looked faster than iowa. yes, clayborn ran down a RB from behind a couple times (you don't think clayborn is really faster than that guy, do you?) but overall, I'd be willing to bet that AZ was an overall faster team that iowa. did that make them a BETTER team? Of course not.

I am pretty suprised how many "experts" are picking AZ. I really hope to see a throttling. Ive seen so many people say this is a much improved Zona...so do they not think Iowa isnt improved? I seem to remember this stud Arizona team getting dismantled in a bowl not too long ago....I cant wait for Sat night.

say what you want, but do you think different teams have overall different team speeds, or is every team equal? that being said, do you really think iowa has the best overall team speed in college football?

it was apparent to me from watching last years game that AZ looked faster than iowa. yes, clayborn ran down a RB from behind a couple times (you don't think clayborn is really faster than that guy, do you?) but overall, I'd be willing to bet that AZ was an overall faster team that iowa. did that make them a BETTER team? Of course not.

I would agree, maybe AZ has more guys that run a 40 faster, although I can't imagine the numbers would be that different. The point of my post is that many teams and "Experts" underestimate the team speed of Iowa. At some point, these guys are going to have to stop saying the other team's SPEED is going to beat Iowa.

I think the guy you're referring to is Mike Bellotti.
He is two things:
1. A tool.
2. A Pac-10 homer. He coached at what, Oregon? Or was it Oregon State? Either way, it was one of those historically relevant, perennial top-10 programs.

I think the guy you're referring to is Mike Bellotti.
He is two things:
1. A tool.
2. A Pac-10 homer. He coached at what, Oregon? Or was it Oregon State? Either way, it was one of those historically relevant, perennial top-10 programs.

Oregon. Mile Riley was/is the head coach at Oregon State. Before his ESPN gig, Belloti was the AD at Oregon; he did what Barry Alvarez did.

Oregon. Mile Riley was/is the head coach at Oregon State. Before his ESPN gig, Belloti was the AD at Oregon; he did what Barry Alvarez did.

Thank you, SR.
Ordinarily, I can tell the difference between a duck and a beaver. :eek::D

...Ive seen so many people say this is a much improved Zona...so do they not think Iowa isnt improved?...

They still hope/think that last year's Iowa team was just lucky and they aren't really as good as their record indicates. So, of course, an improved Arizona team will be too much for the Hawkeye's luck to overcome.

But I do agree with them on one point. Iowa better bring its A game or they could find themselves in trouble. If AZ gets off to a fast start that stadium is going to go from hostile to murderous.

I understand the people who are complaining that the experts always talk about the west and south teams automatically having more speed then Iowa.

That's definately not always the case, but Arizona last year was a bad example to use. Because as you mentioned, although we were the better team, they seemed faster.

Latest posts