The Drive

UP6936

1:37 Johnson-Koulianos 22 yard kickoff return taken from the Iowa 8 to the Iowa 30

1:32 1st & 10 from Iowa 30 Stanzi 15 yard pass to McNutt

1:26 1st & 10 on Iowa 45 Stanzi 2 yard scramble

1:00 2nd & 8 on Iowa 47 Stanzi incomplete pass to McNutt

:54 3rd & 8 on Iowa 47 Stanzi 34 yard pass to Stross

:47 1st & 10 on MSU 31 Stanzi incomplete pass to Johnson-Koulianos

:34 2nd & 10 on MSU 31 Stanzi 16 yard pass to Johnson-Koulianos

:28 1st & 10 on MSU 15 Defensive holding on MSU (Stanzi inc. to DJK, INT)

:15 1st & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Moeaki

:09 2nd & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Stross

:05 3rd & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Stross

:02 4th & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi 7 yard TD pass to McNutt

Game Over! HAWKS WIN!!!!!

Last edited:
1:37 Johnson-Koulianos 22 kickoff return taken at the Iowa 8 to the Iowa 30

1:32 1st & 10 from Iowa 30 Stanzi 15 yard pass to McNutt

1:26 1st & 10 on Iowa 45 Stanzi 2 yard scramble

1:00 2nd & 8 on Iowa 47 Stanzi incomplete pass to McNutt

:54 3rd & 8 on Iowa 47 Stanzi 34 yard pass to Stross

:47 1st & 10 on MSU 31 Stanzi incomplete pass to Johnson-Koulianos

:34 2nd & 10 on MSU 31 Stanzi 16 yard pass to Johnson-Koulianos

:28 1st & 10 on MSU 15 Defensive holding on MSU (Stanzi inc. to DJK, INT)

:15 1st & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Moeaki

:09 2nd & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Stross

:05 3rd & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi incomplete pass to Stross

:02 4th & Goal on MSU 7 Stanzi 7 yard TD pass to McNutt

Game Over! HAWKS WIN!!!!!
Nice. Great job.

Clock management has not always been the coaching staff's strong suit. This drive was managed just about perfectly. It was amazingly effecient, and they hadn't practiced the 2 minute drill this week!

Clock management has not always been the coaching staff's strong suit. This drive was managed just about perfectly. It was amazingly effecient, and they hadn't practiced the 2 minute drill this week!

Captain Kirk said in post game the way they ran it with no practice-it might not see the practice field for the rest of the season. Gotta love that sense of humor.

Until the last play I was actually peeved that our final timeout hadn't been called until 2 seconds were left. Uhhhh...never mind!!!

I mentioned this in another thread, but I was quite pleased with the clock management on that final drive. I was especially happy to see that we didn't spike the ball at all...we got up to the line quickly, called a play, and ran the play.

yep that 2 min drill was ran perfect. The whole offence was at the line before the ref even had it set it seemed like. And then once they did sit the ball they were still waiting for the ref to whind the clock so they could hike it.

spot on! up to LOS before refs placed ball in play the whole drive was great hustle. No spiking and hanging on to TO was crucial, and they did it. GoHawks!

Ricky performed just about perfectly on that drive and those last four plays especially. A single misstep in those last four plays spelled doom. The o-line protected Ricky when it absolutely had to...kudos to those guys performing without Dace! DJK is a total clutch player. Trey Stross made this TD possible with the down the middle play that every huge drive almost always requires. And of course Marvin McNutt, who came to Iowa to take that QB scholly that Kirk Cousins wanted, ends up using that great shake and bake move off the line,and then his huge body to turn it inside to provide Ricky with a big and attractive target.....and used those massive hands to bring that pigskin in like a newborn baby....ohhhh baby...I'm still in heaven 10 hours later!!!!! THE DRIVE will live in Hawkeye Lore forever!!!

Latest posts