The Cy-Hawk FB game extension nearly finalized

Hawkfromnorwalk

Extension nearly set for Iowa-ISU football | TheGazette

For both fanbases you better get ready for season upon season upon season of blah non-conference matchups. Being handcuffed to each other basically means we get to watch our brethren in both conferences play games that will draw national attention but who cares right? At least the corn-fed people of Iowa will get to watch this turd of a series continue well into the 2020's...

For both fanbases you better get ready for season upon season upon season of blah non-conference matchups. Being handcuffed to each other basically means we get to watch our brethren in both conferences play games that will draw national attention but who cares right? At least the corn-fed people of Iowa will get to watch this turd of a series continue well into the 2020's...

Booooooooooooooooooo. The game sucks. It is a "lose, lose proposition for Iowa. We get absolutely nothing positive out of it when we win and ANY time you lose to ISU, it is a horrible loss.

Are there people outside of the state of Iowa that want to watch either of these teams?

Yeah! We get to fund the ISU athletic department for another decade. I was so worried that we might somehow lose them.

^^Totally agree, Iowa-ISU was a nice in-state matchup back in the late 1970's and the 80s before every frigging game started to be televised. Now you need to get TV eyeballs on you for recruiting.

I still say we could be playing home and homes with TCU and other texas teams, and some SEC and ACC teams instead of ISU. You start to play higher caliber opponents and you need to get better.

Playing ISU doesnt do anything for me anymore as I can tell you the basic way the game will play out: Iowa will usually underperform and play right into ISU's plan of blitzing and selling out on defense as that is their only way to win

Andy Garmon was arguing why some of these out of conference in state rivalries were good. Clemson/SC, Florida/FSU, Georgia/Tech. But here is the difference. In all of those rivalries, both teams fan bases want to win. To claim victory over their foe. That's not the case for the CyHawk game. ISU fans want to win, but Iowa fans...we don't want to win. We just don't want to lose. There is a difference. That is why this "rivalry" will not exceed the state boundaries.

^^Totally agree, Iowa-ISU was a nice in-state matchup back in the late 1970's and the 80s before every frigging game started to be televised. Now you need to get TV eyeballs on you for recruiting.

I still say we could be playing home and homes with TCU and other texas teams, and some SEC and ACC teams instead of ISU. You start to play higher caliber opponents and you need to get better.

Playing ISU doesnt do anything for me anymore as I can tell you the basic way the game will play out: Iowa will usually underperform and play right into ISU's plan of blitzing and selling out on defense as that is their only way to win

:rolleyes: uhuh.....

Andy Garmon was arguing why some of these out of conference in state rivalries were good. Clemson/SC, Florida/FSU, Georgia/Tech. But here is the difference. In all of those rivalries, both teams fan bases want to win. To claim victory over their foe. That's not the case for the CyHawk game. ISU fans want to win, but Iowa fans...we don't want to win. We just don't want to lose. There is a difference. That is why this "rivalry" will not exceed the state boundaries.

The rivalry will never exceed state boundaries is because no one out of the state boundaries has ever cared and will never care. I don't give a rats arse about the other states rivalries either but those are bigger because both teams were good at some point. ISU has always sucked and Iowa has been a blip every few years. Its not like people care about Iowa outside of the midwest for the most part either.

The rivalry will never exceed state boundaries is because no one out of the state boundaries has ever cared and will never care. I don't give a rats arse about the other states rivalries either but those are bigger because both teams were good at some point. ISU has always sucked and Iowa has been a blip every few years. Its not like people care about Iowa outside of the midwest for the most part either.

You got that right. uhuh!!!

They could do a deal where the teams play every other year, or 4/6 or 3/6 or something and get both to keep the series, and work in some other BCS-team variety and excitement to the schedules.

I just hate the idea that our players, staff and more dedicated fans... have to sully themselves by traveling to Ames every other year. It's tough enough for me to drive by it on I-35 periodically.

Latest posts