The Curse of The Little Lick

HawKCP

Until we win a NC in basketball...as far as I am concerned we are suffering from The Curse of The Little Lick.

Until we win a NC in basketball...as far as I am concerned we are suffering from The Curse of The Little Lick.

How many NC did Iowa win before this "curse"?

Seriously, the kid did what was asked of him, he is gone, so how about people just move on.

See, that's why this curse is so amazing... it goes backwards and forwards through spacetime. The curse can only be lifted if no one ever mentions Little Lick again. Ever.

dude i gotta tell ya, as a fellow star wars nerd...best avatar and screen name ever
well done

Obviously we have a lot of anti-Little Lick sentiment here...would it make you feel better if I changed it to The Curse of Aaron Fuller?

I'm just not sure it has the same ring to it.

The "curse" upon the program is from Lick Sr. He got the team to "turn the corner" right into the fright train and the wreck is going to be hard to recover from. But Coach McCaff is the man to do the job if anyone is. Go HAWKS!

At least Alford's name hasn't come up yet today until now. He has been blamed for everything else so why not a curse as well ?

Get a life dude. This kid just likes to play the game, and it so happens that his father was the coach. To name a curse after him is sick, no other way to call it. If we have a curse it goes back to before this young man was even born.

People usually blame curses when they continue to get results different than expected results. Such as a team good enough to make a cover of a magazine laying an egg, or a higher budget team like the Cubs never making the World Series.

When in the heck did we expect for Iowa basketball to make the National Title Game? Did anyone really think it was an abnormality even when Davis didn't make the champion game?

Media and fans already over react about "curses" for there teams, but come on karma is not what is missing for this ball club. Forget Lick.

If there is a curse, it should be named "the snowplow". Nothing but bad luck, untimely injuries, poor decision making, academic issues, etc. ever since that fateful winter night.

Latest posts