The Clown Colosseum is Unsafe

ClintonIAfan

Due to unsafe conditions in Lames incidents have occurred each of the last 2 times that the Iowa mens Basketball team has played there. The lack of safety should no longer be accepted.

2 years ago unruly clown fans caused injuries to announcers whilst storming the court. This year Cordell Pemsl got a huge gash his leg from unsafe seating around the court.

The University of Iowa athletic department should not accept this anymore. Unless modifications are made in the clown’s colosseum to improve the safety and security neither Iowa Basketball team should play another game there. If the clowns refuse to do that all future games in the series should be played at CHA or at a neutral court.

I've always thought Hilton was a shit hole. Don't get me wrong the fans make it a loud environment thats tough on the road team, but the arena itself is just an ugly dump built on a flood plain.

For the record I'm not a fan of Carver either. The 80's were not a great decade for architecture and arena design

Anyone see that picture of Steve Waite on the broadcast showing previous Iowa - Iowa State imagery from yesteryear?

The shot of The Fieldhouse brought back some serious memories. I had partially obstructed views my freshman year...and in that shot of Waite was the freaking beam I had to peer around side to side. I used to swear alot when I couldn't get around that thing and I missed a few plays...but holy crap...The Fieldhouse was the biggest home court advantage Iowa has ever experienced. It was deafening. You would swear building materials were moving but it was just your eyeballs being impacted by the sound waves. It was crazy...and I wouldn't have exchanged the experience for anything...even with the steel girder in my way.

For new students...it was a shithole...but Iowa basketball was never more fun. That and Lute Olsen didn't hurt either.

Cordell Pemsl got a huge gash his leg not from from unsafe seating, but from deciding he needed to go head first into the baseline crowd to try and save a possession. You have to be aware of your surroundings when playing any sport, and adjust accordingly.

This is just about as bad as suing McDonalds because the coffee you spilled in your lap was too hot, or suing the city because you were reading facebook on your cellphone and walked into a busy street and were run over.

Or sitting behind third base at an icubs game and having a foul ball hit you in the head because you were't' paying attention.......yes, that happened this summer......sometimes shit just happens.

Any time you dive off the basketball court for whatever reason you are taking a chance of getting hurt.....just part of the sport.

He actually hits his shin on the folding chair right by the base of the hoop that is used by cameramen, the exact same as there are at Iowa.

Pemsl should have just called a timeout while he was falling out of bounds. I'm sure the refs would've assumed he had full possession of the ball and awarded him the timeout

Didn't listen to Travis. Did he not see this video? Still a non-issue, but it sure is relevant if you think that something is really happening here.

Latest posts