The BCS worked

BSpringsteen

No mas complaining about a playoff until next year. Two teams made it through a grueling schedule unscathed. clearly the best teams in CFB and deserving of playing for the NC.

As a matter of fact, it sems most years they get it right.e

I agree. I tweeted this earlier. I am not saying I love the BCS system, but the two best teams are playing for the title this year, as they have in most years.

it seems that most years they do get the national championship correct but sometimes the rest of the BCS gets muddled. Kinda like the Rose being forced to pick TCU instead of maybe Stanford vs Wisconsin. Im not sure how it would work but what about having the BCS just select the championship game and thats it. Seems like each year they get it right but people are upset about the other 8 teams selected and the qualifying teams and what nots.

Yep, Auburn is sure deserving with their fraud at QB...what a crock. I hope the media hammers on this story up until the NT game and exposes the corruption of the ncaa. Please explain to me, how is it ok for cam's daddy to make a pay for play deal (of course, without cam knowing about it) but dez bryant gets suspended last year for having dinner with deion sanders??? What a joke

Yep, Auburn is sure deserving with their fraud at QB...what a crock. I hope the media hammers on this story up until the NT game and exposes the corruption of the ncaa. Please explain to me, how is it ok for cam's daddy to make a pay for play deal (of course, without cam knowing about it) but dez bryant gets suspended last year for having dinner with deion sanders??? What a joke

because they were already out of the BCS race. somebody had a good thread regarding cam-gate off of the LSU website. connecting key Auburn alumni that was arrested for embezzlement and other nefarious activities to the timeline of cam-gate.

I don't see how anyone can say that the best two teams got matched up in most years. 2000? Miami got hosed in that one. 2001? Nebraska didn't even win the Big 12 North. 2003? OU gets BLASTED by K-State, and still gets in over USC (the best team). 2004? OU and USC were both undefeated, but they went wire-to-wire (you start out 1 and 2, and go 12-0, you aren't dropping, period.), so Auburn never had a chance. 2008? This one was more on the Big 12 than the system, as Texas was the Big 12's best team, they just lost at the wrong time.

That's 5 years where they either did get it wrong, or a strong case could be made for that. 7-5 ain't the greatest record (I'm sure many here would agree).

Just because they got it right this year doesn't constitute the need to stop clammoring for a playoff. A playoff is still the best way to determine a champion.

it seems that most years they do get the national championship correct but sometimes the rest of the BCS gets muddled. .

But the rest of the BSC doesn't matter if there is a playoff.

How about this...how about last year, Iowa is the 10th seed in a playoff, going up against #7 Oregon at Oregon. You going? Play that game in two weeks from right now. Say Iowa loses that game.

No bowl, fewer practices meaning less development time, and many others things.

Sorry if I am not giddy about a playoff.

How about this...how about last year, Iowa is the 10th seed in a playoff, going up against #7 Oregon at Oregon. You going? Play that game in two weeks from right now. Say Iowa loses that game.

All we need is a plus one system. If TCU rolls whoever they play in their BCS game its hard to say the BCS actually worked. Why not seed the top 4 teams, play the BCS games and add one more game. I cant figure out why this cant happen

A 16 team playoff doesnt make sense but a plus one makes perfect sense

If the NCAA changed it's practice rules, then the development is a non-issue. In high school, teams can practice until the conclusion of the playoffs. Doesn't happen in football (not sure if they can in Iowa), but baseball and basketball teams do it a lot, even if informally.

Bowls are a money pit unless you make it to a BCS bowl anyway. Use the BCS bowls (as well as a few of the other classics like the Cotton) as playoff games. The rest of the country's teams can play in the bowls that are leftover.

Yeah, the bowls will take a hit financially. Pardon me if I don't have sympathy for some of those guys who make 600k for doing nothing but setting up one football game a year.

All we need is a plus one system. If TCU rolls whoever they play in their BCS game its hard to say the BCS actually worked. Why not seed the top 4 teams, play the BCS games and add one more game. I cant figure out why this cant happen

A 16 team playoff doesnt make sense but a plus one makes perfect sense

My problem with a plus one is, if TCU loses their bowl game, who is now the opponent in the plus one game?

My problem with a plus one is, if TCU loses their bowl game, who is now the opponent in the plus one game?

Wisconsin or Stanford, most likely. I see your point, which is why a playoff is better. Because what if the two best teams got matched up the first time?

Its just a 4 team playoff. You seed the top 4 seeds and have them play against each other. #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3, then the winners play for it all.

This year Auburn would play Stanford and Oregon would plkay TCU. Then the winners play for the ship.

It makes way too much sense and would solve the problem of an undefeated team like TCU not getting a shot (or Auburn a few years back)

keep the same system. as biased as it is it usually works out..... preseason biased did not play in to the choice..... sometimes it does though.

here are the preseason rankings, it pains me to post this first one......(Hawkeyes #4)
2010 Preseason College Football Top 25 – 2010 College Football Early Top 25
2010 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 1 - ESPN

1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
3 Boise State (1)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin
13 Miami (FL)
14 USC
15 Pittsburgh
16 Georgia Tech
17 Arkansas
18 North Carolina
19 Penn State
20 Florida State
21 LSU
22 Auburn
23 Georgia
24 Oregon State
25 West Virginia

Only thing about the BCS this year I don't like, other than Iowa not being in it, is I won't be getting goose bumps during that five minute span that leads up to kickoff at the Rose Bowl, like I do every year, because it's not the same with TCU. Sorry TCU, respect what you do, but the Rose is about history, and re-living it through the holidays, and you're not it. If I were Wisconsin, I'd be livid not to play Stanford.

Only thing about the BCS this year I don't like, other than Iowa not being in it, is I won't be getting goose bumps during that five minute span that leads up to kickoff at the Rose Bowl, like I do every year, because it's not the same with TCU. Sorry TCU, respect what you do, but the Rose is about history, and re-living it through the holidays, and you're not it. If I were Wisconsin, I'd be livid not to play Stanford.

I hope to god that Wisconsin DRUBS tcu...... I hope the RB by committee gets 400+ yards. I would be willing to bet that TCU hasnt seen the likes of a line like Wisconsin. Time for TCU to meet the woodshed. As much as I wish it was us, our northern cheese cousins will have to do this for us.

And what happens if TCU were to win? Just wondering. I'm guessing nothing changes, because they had a long time to prepare, the only have a few games to get up for, blah, blah, blah.

I actually think that TCU will win, that is why i said HOPE :)

(I live about 10 minutes from campus down here, and trust me I have heard quite enough already)

Latest posts