The Anti- Ferentz?

I was literally about to post the exact same link. Crazy stuff. I think it works in large part because its high school and the players aren't quite as refined in thinking the game.

I think:

"On defense, Pulaski put all 11 players in the box, leaving every receiver uncovered."

might be the craziest thing from that article. :eek:

If this guy and Ferentz were to shake hands it would be the equivalent of matter meeting anti-matter.

Anyone else impressed by that QB in the highlights? Fredi Knighten. I looked up where he had offers from and it was only Arkansas St and Louisiana Tech. I wouldnt mind seeing him in black and gold.

If read about this in Scorecasting. It is a extremely interesting read...kind of an Freakonomics for sports. It is a lot of case studies and facts that takes a lot of myths about sports, such as "icing the kicker", and make you really think. Highly recommend.

Anyone else impressed by that QB in the highlights? Fredi Knighten. I looked up where he had offers from and it was only Arkansas St and Louisiana Tech. I wouldnt mind seeing him in black and gold.

I thought the same thing, but I'm doubting he wishes to QB or play WR in a typical "boring" pro style offense.

On another note. what in the world kind of legal onside kick is this?

Pulaski Academy Onside Kicks vs Cabot - Sept 9, 2011 - YouTube

I think:

"On defense, Pulaski put all 11 players in the box, leaving every receiver uncovered."

might be the craziest thing from that article. :eek:

yeah, some of the things he does are pretty interesting, leaving all the receivers uncovered though prooooobably isn't a good idea.

I thought the same thing, but I'm doubting he wishes to QB or play WR in a typical "boring" pro style offense.

On another note. what in the world kind of legal onside kick is this?

Pulaski Academy Onside Kicks vs Cabot - Sept 9, 2011 - YouTube

I know that drop kicks are legal on FGs and XPs, and I'm assuming that the coach at least thinks they're legal on KOs in high school. Here's a video of the only NFL drop kick in the last 70 years, Doug Flutie's in extra point in 2006:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Jsz-fSNd4]Doug Flutie Drop Kick w/sound - YouTube[/ame]

We've got a kid like this on campus. Only other QB I know who has thrown the hook and ladder pass, then also been the recipient on the pitch from the WR on the same play (much like the play in the first minute of the Fredi Knighten video). I think he's on campus as a DB, though...Brandon Boerm is his name. He's from North Tama. Last year in the Class A title game he threw for over 100 yards, rushed for over 100 yards, and had over 100 yards receiving.:eek:

that drop kick must have been after a safety. it is a free kick and can be punted in that case.

"Emotionally, it takes so much out of you when the other team goes for it successfully..."

The guy is right...look at the Iowa defense when the other team consistently goes for it.

Most of this stuff probably works because it is high school ball. This kind of coach would force Norm into retirement and maybe KF to the pros. Iowa coaching staff could not comprehend even thinking about doing some of the things this coach does. Like onside kicks or going for it on 4th and one or...

Latest posts