That was old school Iowa football

SpiderRico

Too soon still...but getting that Bullies of the Big Ten look back!

Held a team avg'ing 280 yds rushing to 30 and only 165 yds total....at their house.

Gained 465 yds ourselves, with 250 rushing yds. Completely man handled them in every phase.

Once we figure out how to finish drives, we're going to be a VERY tough out!

Go Hawks!

The games past Kirk by you can't win with old school football

Old-School-Football-Shield-300x300.gif

I like the direction the team is heading. The O-line is playing well and the running game is producing right now. It seems like every week we're seeing the passing game expanded just a little bit for Ruddock and his role is increasing. We've still got some major challenges ahead, but I'm seeing a team on the field that is, frankly, playing better than I expected this year.

Would agree long season, but team is heading in the right direction, and next week against MSU will be a old school smash mouth game Go Hawks!!

Highlights ...

[video=youtube;Tm5dkcpfBJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm5dkcpfBJc[/video]

I loved hearing Jesse Palmer after the game talking about Iowa's physical play. They need to finish drives and get TDs on the board but great progress so far!

The game was played to near perfection with a couple of lapses. The time management in the second half was a thing of beauty. I love how Jake plays the clock with about 15 seconds left, he checks the D out and adjusts the offense with time to spare.....

Latest posts