Thank you Defense for showing up and playing like a championship defense

HaydenHawk56

Maybe outside of the 1st Michigan drive, I really can't fault them for much. Special teams was disappointing....and the offense was ABYSMAL. And Hill.....if a QB can't beat him out in the off-season.....my goodness. And hopefully whoever is the new OC can have considerable influence on scheme and the type of offensive line we recruit.

Officials probably gave Michigan 10 points, but it would not have made up the difference with how baadddd our offense is.

A season which started with such promise, excitement and high hopes for the offense turned into a quagmire and an embarrassment. One of the worst ever.

A true pity.

Maybe outside of the 1st Michigan drive, I really can't fault them for much. Special teams was disappointing....and the offense was ABYSMAL. And Hill.....if a QB can't beat him out in the off-season.....my goodness. And hopefully whoever is the new OC can have considerable influence on scheme and the type of offensive line we recruit.

Officials probably gave Michigan 10 points, but it would not have made up the difference with how baadddd our offense is.
Gave Michigan 10 points and took points from us by not calling the roughing the passer that would have given us first and 10 at the 15. Call a block in the back on the long return, don't overturn the incomplete pass, and call the roughing the passer and best case scenario it's 12-7 late in the game. We almost certainly don't get the td we need anyway, but the final score would have looked a lot more like it should have and and I would have won some money for covering the spread and scoring points.

There is also the two penalties we got on punt returns where they didn't bother showing replays and the fumble we recovered where they didn't bother showing replays or even make an announcement. When does that ever happen where they don't even show replays like that?

Gave Michigan 10 points and took points from us by not calling the roughing the passer that would have given us first and 10 at the 15. Call a block in the back on the long return, don't overturn the incomplete pass, and call the roughing the passer and best case scenario it's 12-7 late in the game. We almost certainly don't get the td we need anyway, but the final score would have looked a lot more like it should have and and I would have won some money for covering the spread and scoring points.

There is also the two penalties we got on punt returns where they didn't bother showing replays and the fumble we recovered where they didn't bother showing replays or even make an announcement. When does that ever happen where they don't even show replays like that?
It happens when one of the teams is in the cfp with a win and reap all the money that comes with it.

Thought that was awfully funny as well that Fox wouldn't show the replay on the two clips which is usually done after foul calls. There was offsides not called, fumbles not replayed. Since when isn't every potential fumble not reviewed? They always replay them when its against Iowa. Seemed to me there was a push to make sure Michigan covered the spread. I kind of think the upset of Georgia made it imperative for Michigan to win convincingly to get the number one seed for the Big Ten. I'm sorry if that makes me cynical but after the play calls this season, I've lost my belief in the integrity of the college game, especially the Big Ten. Makes me a conspiracy nut I guess but I really believe the Big did not want Iowa in the title game all year. Makes me really cynical going forward as I think we all know who makes it in the 12 team field going forward next year. 11 bluebloods and one mutt to make it look fair. It's going to be a closed party folks.

seem

Okie St./Texas

Again, last year's defense was flashy. Tons of turnovers and scoring.

I said this year's defense was better. I said it was maybe the best modern era Iowa defense ever. I somewhat jokingly said it may be one of the best ever in college football and I stand by that.

Put asterisks next to those TDs last night and they only allowed one team to score more than one touchdown on them for the entire season.

Iowa got made fun of all year by winning with 147 passing yards and 66 rushing yards. Michigan does it and gets a conference crown, a trip to the playoffs, and gushing post-game from the pundits. Few will note that they had to "find a way to win""

I was thinking the same thing about Michigan. No one was complaining about the way they won....

They didn't do it with a flashy and explosive offense.

I was thinking the same thing about Michigan. No one was complaining about the way they won....

They didn't do it with a flashy and explosive offense.

And what's more...that's kind of how they did it all season. They run the ball a lot. I would too if I had Corum. Didn't they just have a game like 2-3 weeks ago where they hardly threw the ball?
And their defense is clearly solid. Not too many teams have held Iowa scoreless all season long (hah!).

Complementary football is sending them into the playoffs.

And what's more...that's kind of how they did it all season. They run the ball a lot. I would too if I had Corum. Didn't they just have a game like 2-3 weeks ago where they hardly threw the ball?
And their defense is clearly solid. Not too many teams have held Iowa scoreless all season long (hah!).

Complementary football is sending them into the playoffs.
Yup

Latest posts