texas has ZERO guys drafted, lol

And the clowns almost beat them. Texas has fallen pretty hard. Go big 12 . Getting a big old chuckle out of this. What was those clowns mumbling about. Something like we wouldn't stand a chance in the big 12.

I think this shows why Mack Brown was fired and gives insight into how much A&M was kicking there *ss in recruiting. I can't say that I am not happy about it, though. Tex*ss can such it.

But for some reason talented kids will keep flocking there.

no too long ago those texas kids watched UT win a lot of f-ball games and a MNC. imagine growing up with that, would be hard to replace unless another premier school came calling.

Mack Brown dedicated himself to "relationships" with the major High School coaches in Texas. The problem was partly that they all sent him the "good kids", with good grades and no off the field problems. Johnny Football had all kinds of red flags back when he was in High School, he wasn't getting a shot as a quarterback and team leader at Texas. So the rosters at Baylor, Oklahoma, and A&M are filled with kids from the Texas footprint who had bad boy reputations in High School. We've seen how its worked out over the past few seasons.

In all fairness, you can't point out the lack of talent without giving Coach Mack Brown credit for a handful of big wins, like last year versus Oklahoma or two years ago against A&M. He was a game away from the BCS this year and a few turnovers by Baylor could have seen him in the Fiesta Bowl or something.

posted this in other thread, but might as well post it here too

There were 6 5-star players and too many to count 4-stars in their 2010 class that would have been seniors this year. Worst talent development in history?
http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=9&c=8&toinid=669&sspid=-1&yr=2010

Football is the toughest sport to project high school greatness to college. So many factors between those two levels. Also there is big time bias and laziness in the recruiting services. Just getting an offer from certain schools like Texas raise a player rating while committing to certain schools lowers it.

Thats why Winston and his camp were so butthurt about no Texas offer. They wanted that extra star ranking and the title of being the best quarterback recruit. The texas offer never came and they are still upset, and he never really wanted to go there in the first place.

They should have given CPR the Texas job. He had more players drafted. I mean if Chiz can go to the SEC after what he did at ISU, I don't know why Paw couldn't coach at Texas. Think of the videos he could make with the equipment they have done their.

Im not sure you are seeing the point. Chiz deserves all the credit for all of Auburn's wins last year, including Alabama and the SEC championship game. He even recruited Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn for their National Championship run. He obviously recruited all the talent that led the Cyclones to that one bowl win over Minnesota five years ago. His recruits led Texas to the 2009 BCS Championship game they lost to Alabama. I don't want to give him too much credit, but texas's 2005 title run and Auburns 2004 undefeated season were basically all a credit to his coaching and recruiting. Even going back to his time at Central Florida he was getting nfl players to play for him.

Latest posts