Texas A&M regents to have special meeting about "The Longhorn Network"

It becoming quite clear that A&M wants to get out of the Big 12. When one school holds so much power to the detriment of the others, you have created an unstable situation. The idea of wait to see the impact of the Longhorn network is more than about football. It is what affect it will have on basketball and minor sports, women's and men's.

I do not expect to see any movement for four to five years, but it sure looks like A&M is sending out the message to one and all that they want to say adios amigos.

The Longhorn Network gives Texas huge recruiting advantages if they will broadcast high school games. Imagine having the best high school players in Texas watching their games, and the games of their rival teams, with every commercial break starting with "You're watching the Longhorn Network. Hook 'em, Horns!" Between high school games, they'll show all the great facilities, etc., of Texas. Texas, Texas, Texas.

If I'm A&M, I'm looking at my options.

Texas A&M is headed to the SEC soon, their big boosters are pushing it hard. A&M leaving may set off the next round of expansion.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay in the Big 12 unless they had no place else to go. If A&M could truly go to the SEC, they should run as fast as they can. If they stay, they are going to stay in the shadow of Texas forever. I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing A&M could make as much money in the SEC or more. I also think playing in a conference with several national powerhouses could help recruiting.

Looks like the foundation of the Big 12-2 is crumbling slowly but surely. Apparently, not only is A&M worried about this and looking towards the SEC, so is Oklahoma. It would be great to see them both bail.

If they allow them to show the games of their high school recruits, the longwhorn nextwork would be a HUGE recruiting advantage for uterus. It would effect not only the Big 12-2, but it would effect all of NCAA football, especially anyone who recruits the state.

As much as I loathe the NCAA, they should not allow this.

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong, but i think everyone is underestimating the size of the Aggie fan base. Their enrollment is nearly the size of Texas, and even if they only gain 20% of non alumni in Texas, that is still a large number.

Time to repaint the floor in Hilton with this...
Big8logo.png

Latest posts