Telling stat about OSU's D and our ability to break down good D's

golfingwags

Only 8 assists on 22 made baskets.

I haven't went back to look but I would bet that was our worst assist to turnover ratio game this year and we still had a chance at the end.

Gesell and Clemmons are growing each game....they make mistakes but I wouldn't expect less. They run their butts off and try to make it work and I'm excited about the rest of the year and the future.

I haven't went back to look but I would bet that was our worst assist to turnover ratio game this year and we still had a chance at the end.

Gesell and Clemmons are growing each game....they make mistakes but I wouldn't expect less. They run their butts off and try to make it work and I'm excited about the rest of the year and the future.

Ill take that bet. 22 FG's vs Bucky Saturday and just 6 assists.

This was probably mentioned in the game thread (I didn't read), but it sure seemed like OSU's guards were getting away with a lot of grabbing and hacking last night. Eventually Gesell and Clemmons will be able to adjust their games when the refs are swallowing the whistle.

This was probably mentioned in the game thread (I didn't read), but it sure seemed like OSU's guards were getting away with a lot of grabbing and hacking last night. Eventually Gesell and Clemmons will be able to adjust their games when the refs are swallowing the whistle.

They do. Craft has a reputation and the refs let him get away with much more than other guards in this league. The positive in this is that it keeps him on the floor on the offensive end, and the more he is involved in OSU's offense, the worse it is.

They were getting away with murder in the first half. The game was called more evenly in the 2nd, but by that point the damage was already done (even though we made a great comeback). That's what irks me. The box score looks like the game was called evenly when it was anything but. Craft is a punk. Most overrated player in the conference. He pushed White down out of bounds with a blatant forearm not more than 2 ft directly in front of the official yet there was no call. His upper-cut elbow to Marble should've drawn a flagrant, but somehow didn't. Fran is not only trying to battle the top teams and bring fans back to Iowa basketball, but he also has an uphill battle with other teams getting preferential treatment when it comes to officiating; basically battling to get the same "respect" that Izzo, Bo, Thad and other coaches get from officials.

What do you want to bet? Vs. WSU, Iowa had 7 assists and 14 TO's.

They were getting away with murder in the first half. The game was called more evenly in the 2nd, but by that point the damage was already done (even though we made a great comeback). That's what irks me. The box score looks like the game was called evenly when it was anything but. Craft is a punk. Most overrated player in the conference. He pushed White down out of bounds with a blatant forearm not more than 2 ft directly in front of the official yet there was no call. His upper-cut elbow to Marble should've drawn a flagrant, but somehow didn't. Fran is not only trying to battle the top teams and bring fans back to Iowa basketball, but he also has an uphill battle with other teams getting preferential treatment when it comes to officiating; basically battling to get the same "respect" that Izzo, Bo, Thad and other coaches get from officials.

Didn't watch the MSU vs OSU or MSU vs Wisky, but those must have been slugfests because of what they can get away with on defense.

They do. Craft has a reputation and the refs let him get away with much more than other guards in this league. The positive in this is that it keeps him on the floor on the offensive end, and the more he is involved in OSU's offense, the worse it is.
He's a very hands on defender that's for sure. He'd make a good throw back to when hand checking was legal. At least we got the call on his late elbow on Marble. I thought Marble sold it quite a bit but it was still a foul on Craft

IIRC, Craft has even gone on record as saying he fouls on every play, because he knows the officials won't call him on it very often.

Craft is nowhere near the best defender in the nation, or even the conference. Oladipo doesn't have to pull and grab and hip check all the time to play defense.

Latest posts