Teams best interest

Kirk's comment:

"yeah he was a little bit hobbled this week but he was fine today. We just didnt think it was in our best interest today."

I'm tired of this guy. Get bent Kurt

Kirffs management of this team is laughable. Hopefully its enough to get him fired. (It wont be)

“Probably more of a gut thing than anything else,â€￾ Ferentz said. “I just felt like at halftime Jake had a little better feel for what was going on, particularly what they were doing defensively. Thought he gave us the best opportunity to win the football game.â€￾

The good captain just said it was not in our best interest to play cjb today. Go ahead and discuss.

If Ferentz actually had the team's best interest in mind he would step down. :mad::mad: This coaching idiocy has spiraled beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Here is what Kirk is good at during the game. 1. chewing his gum. 2. Taking notes. 3. looking stoic. As of late going for it on 4th down, but lacking faith in his kickers, which by all means I understand why. His hair dosn't mess up much. He must put a lot of hairspray on it. What else have I missed?

He said that huh.....I guess that would have been the other default answer if CJB was not injured card. Meh....predictable answer.

Just pay the buyout and bounce KF out. Enough is enough. This program is really, really bad and by the good fortune of one of the worst schedules I can remember we have a few wins.

KF is about playing his guys, screw the fans.

"Thought he gave us the best opportunity to win the football game.”

If there was ever a game to play CJ this would have been the game to MIX it up KF.. He was holding out hope that his QB Starter JR would rally the troops for another take that moment. :)

Last edited:
Rudock wasn't great, but the play calling was worse. Maryland adjusted early passing game attacking their man to man LB coverage and GC didn't adjust back to that. Also gave up on running game when Weisman had just gutted their D. Also had one drive killed by a fumble and another killed by a holding penalty.

“Probably more of a gut thing than anything else,â€￾ Ferentz said. “I just felt like at halftime Jake had a little better feel for what was going on, particularly what they were doing defensively. Thought he gave us the best opportunity to win the football game.â€￾

Ring any bells?

Has he been tested for Dementia?

Common signs and symptoms of dementia include:
Memory loss.
Impaired judgment.
Difficulties with abstract thinking.
Faulty reasoning.
Inappropriate behavior.
Loss of communication skills.
Disorientation to time and place.
Gait, motor, and balance problems.

5/8. did anyone see him stumbling?

“Probably more of a gut thing than anything else,” Ferentz said. “I just felt like at halftime Jake had a little better feel for what was going on, particularly what they were doing defensively. Thought he gave us the best opportunity to win the football game.”
Feelings, wo-o-o feelings.

Feelings aren't a best-case scenario for using sound judgment.

HN is a perfect example of some fans going nuclear. Continuing with JR in the second half is also a perfect example.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Iowa was getting throttled 38-7 after the first seven minutes of the game until the urgency set in or Maryland played like Mary or both.

2005Big TenT–3rd75Lost Outback Bowl vs. Florida, 31–24
2006Big TenT–8th67Lost Alamo Bowl vs. Texas, 26–24
2007Big TenT–5th66
2008Big TenT-4th94Won Outback Bowl vs. South Carolina, 31–102020
2009Big TenT-2nd112Won Orange Bowl vs. Georgia Tech, 24–1477
2010Big TenT-4th85Won Insight Bowl vs. Missouri, 27–24
2011Big TenLegends4th76Lost Insight Bowl vs. Oklahoma, 14–31
2012Big TenLegends6th48
2013Big TenLegends2nd85Lost Outback Bowl vs. LSU, 14–21
2014Big TenWest52

Latest posts