Team this year?

HawkfaninWA

With all this talk about the coaches, new schemes, etc., etc. . . what does everyone think about the PLAYERS we have coming into this year?

Who do you think makes the biggest improvement from last year to this year (although I guess you could include incoming freshmen)?

Personally, I think Davis steps up big this year. He has talent and sort of slouched last year. Possibly Hamilton shows up too since I think we'll be able to run some 2 TE sets with CJ drawing attention.

With all this talk about the coaches, new schemes, etc., etc. . . what does everyone think about the PLAYERS we have coming into this year?

Who do you think makes the biggest improvement from last year to this year (although I guess you could include incoming freshmen)?

Personally, I think Davis steps up big this year. He has talent and sort of slouched last year. Possibly Hamilton shows up too since I think we'll be able to run some 2 TE sets with CJ drawing attention.

K-dav has no hands.

Not much quicks, either, and his routes are bad. A Sr WR who has made no noise at all is going to explode? Uh huh.

CJ? You mean that big kid that runs around looking lost? Is he a SO or JR?

K-dav has no hands.

Not much quicks, either, and his routes are bad. A Sr WR who has made no noise at all is going to explode? Uh huh.

you must not follow the hawks much, unless its to **** and moan,
KD had 50 rec for over 700 yard, for a 14.3 avg compared to McNutts 82 rec for a avg of 16 yrd per catch, yeah right no hands, as for CJF he avg 10 yrds per catch and started the last couple of games, iy was not his ability to catch the ball that was the issue it was his blocking that kept him from starting earlier.
as a jr McNutt had 52 catches. as the 2nd receiver behind DJK, and McNutt had his share of drops.
so what are you going to rip on now, since you have proved yourself of knowing little to nothing about the players you try to bring down

K-dav has no hands.

Great constructive comments . . . where did I ask for who you thought WOULDN'T emerge?

The reason they call it "emerging" or "breakout" is because the year before was not a stellar year. I look to who has the tools and potential to take off.

And I didn't say CJ in my prediction. I said Hamilton.

Wow.

K-dav has no hands.

Don't kid yourself...you don't know anything about Iowa football...you are too busy blowing your Kirk Cameron doll to notice the game.

Some things I'm looking forward to seeing....one of the young bucks, (sophs Hardy, Cooper, Trinca-Pasat) to make some noise on the DL, and for B.J. Lowery to continue his fine play now in a starter position. Loved his game-saving play against Michigan.

So, this guy kind of "broke-out" last year before getting hurt, but if he's healthy come fall camp, I am excited to see Dom Alvis back on the field.

Some things I'm looking forward to seeing....one of the young bucks, (sophs Hardy, Cooper, Trinca-Pasat) to make some noise on the DL, and for B.J. Lowery to continue his fine play now in a starter position. Loved his game-saving play against Michigan.
Cooper did not play, will be a second year freshman.

I asked this in another thread but, I wonder how our new OC handles the TE position? We hopefully have a couple who are "supposed" to be good. I don't think we have a Tony M. but he was rare. My understanding is that Texas for some reason had zero TE talent.

CJF was a soph and was as highly reguarded as TM, Hamilton was a freshmen and i was unaware that he was to record 50 catches and a 1000 yrds to be impress you,
again Davis had 50 catches com as the #2 receiver compared to 83 catches by the #1 McNutt, i am not sure what you expect from a #2 considering KMM had 30 receptions as the #3, that's not to shabby a # out of the #2 and 3 receiver

this is in response to darth kinnick

you must not follow the hawks much, unless its to **** and moan,
KD had 50 rec for over 700 yard, for a 14.3 avg compared to McNutts 82 rec for a avg of 16 yrd per catch, yeah right no hands, as for CJF he avg 10 yrds per catch and started the last couple of games, iy was not his ability to catch the ball that was the issue it was his blocking that kept him from starting earlier.
as a jr McNutt had 52 catches. as the 2nd receiver behind DJK, and McNutt had his share of drops.
so what are you going to rip on now, since you have proved yourself of knowing little to nothing about the players you try to bring down

McNutt garnered way more attention from the defense than Davis this past year so you're McNutt to Davis comparison is more of an apples to oranges comparison than anything else.

Secondly, McNutt as a Junior behind DJK still garnered more attention from the defense than Davis did as a Junior behind McNutt. This is a slightly closer comparison so I'll grant you apples to caramel apples instead of apples to oranges.

Davis has improved, but still lacks the quickness, speed, and hands to be a top B1G wide receiver. He'll be our #1 next year, but I doubt he'd be many other teams' #1 and in some cases not even their #2.

Last edited:
McNutt garnered way more attention from the defense than Davis this past year so you're McNutt to Davis comparison is more of an apples to oranges comparison than anything else.

Secondly, McNutt as a Junior behind DJK still garnered more attention from the defense than Davis did as a Junior behind McNutt. This is a slightly closer comparison so I'll grant you apples to caramel apples instead of apples to oranges.

Davis has improved, but still lacks the quickness, speed, and hands to be a top B1G wide receiver. He'll be our #1 next year, but I doubt he'd be many other teams' #1 and in some cases not even their #2.

i take it your Bias is based on Davis being a Iowa kid out of HS. because we must have been watching different players

McNutt garnered way more attention from the defense than Davis this past year so you're McNutt to Davis comparison is more of an apples to oranges comparison than anything else.Secondly, McNutt as a Junior behind DJK still garnered more attention from the defense than Davis did as a Junior behind McNutt. This is a slightly closer comparison so I'll grant you apples to caramel apples instead of apples to oranges.Davis has improved, but still lacks the quickness, speed, and hands to be a top B1G wide receiver. He'll be our #1 next year, but I doubt he'd be many other teams' #1 and in some cases not even their #2.
i take it your Bias is based on Davis being a Iowa kid out of HS. because we must have been watching different players
Link?

Latest posts