TCF Bank Stadium

iowaspot

I thought the new Gopher stadium sucked. I sat in section 201, which was about empty and frozen. I couldn't see the big scoreboard, and couldn't read the down and distances from the small band scoreboard because everything was so far away. Plus Hawks used to come up in waves for the Doma party, could shop in town, party hard and drink at the game, it wasn't Kinnick North by any means which the Gopher's will like. But for a tiny 50,000 seat venue, I felt like I was a mile away from seeing anything, oh and the game sucked! felt like a cheap piece of crap build to me.

I didn't think it was that bad but the atmosphere of the stadium reminded me more of a baseball stadium. Also, they use all the exact same schticks that ISU uses, the first down chant, they announcer telling everybody to cheer on third down. For a minute there, I thought I had wandered over to Ames by accident.

Looks nice on the TV.....When you take the beer away you take about 25% of the Iowa fans as well ;)

Apparently their locker room is better than most pro stadiums. At least that's what Cris Carter and Larry Fizgerald said. Too bad if the stadium itself isn't nice.

I didn't think it was that bad but the atmosphere of the stadium reminded me more of a baseball stadium. Also, they use all the exact same schticks that ISU uses, the first down chant, they announcer telling everybody to cheer on third down. For a minute there, I thought inhad wandered over to Ames by accident.

Iowa State actually stole the 1st down chant from Minny, they've done it for years. I remember the game at the Metrodome 5-6 years ago when Barber and Maroney ran all over us and I got really sick of "another golden gopher...FIRST DOWN". The beauty was that after reeling off 8 yards on almost every play, Greenway blitzed and got a TFL for a loss of 6, Rhys Lloyd came out and missed a long FG and we escaped with the W! Oh those were the good ol' days!

I didn't think it was that bad but the atmosphere of the stadium reminded me more of a baseball stadium. Also, they use all the exact same schticks that ISU uses, the first down chant, they announcer telling everybody to cheer on third down. For a minute there, I thought I had wandered over to Ames by accident.

Actually I think ISU stole that from them. Crappy fans have to be told what to do.

Ha. You know your school is hurting when the announcer has to tell you to stand up and cheer.

Apparently their locker room is better than most pro stadiums. At least that's what Cris Carter and Larry Fizgerald said. Too bad if the stadium itself isn't nice.

I've heard multiple times that it is the largest locker room, including college and pro.

The first down thing... A good friend pointed out to me that the worse your program is, the bigger a deal they make about a first down. This is absolutely true.

The first down thing... A good friend pointed out to me that the worse your program is, the bigger a deal they make about a first down. This is absolutely true.

It gets really annoying though when you have a good D and you have to hear it as much as we do...Indiana's band does a song after each 1st down too, boy that got real old this year too!

Latest posts