Tania Davis to return next season.

ClintonIAfan

Tania Davis announced that she intends to return next season. She will continue to rehab after her second acl injury. Knowing her determination she will fo everything she can to be ready. This is great news for the Iowa basketball team. They will have a dynamic trio of seniors.

Good news for sure. Tania should be injury free next year. She has had both knees fixed and her shoulder fixed. Can't imagine what would happen next! Tania is one tough lady and I hope she can have an injury free senior season.

This gives Iowa a lot of depth next year, and it takes a lot of pressure off of Kathleen Doyle who saw very little time on the bench following Tania’s injury.

Iowa will have a 3 guard lineup again, and 7 very capable players for those positions. That all starts with Makenzie Meyer, Kathleen Doyle, and Tania Davis. Alexis Sevillian, and Amanda Ollinger will also return. Joining them will be talented freshmen Kate Martin, and Tomi Taiwo.

Iowa will also have good depth in the front court. They return Megan Gustafson, Hannah Stewert, and Paula Ramos. Talented freshmen Monika Cziano, and Logan Cook (daughter of Marv Cook) will also be there.

This team has the potential to be one of the top teams in program history.

This gives Iowa a lot of depth next year, and it takes a lot of pressure off of Kathleen Doyle who saw very little time on the bench following Tania’s injury.

Iowa will have a 3 guard lineup again, and 7 very capable players for those positions. That all starts with Makenzie Meyer, Kathleen Doyle, and Tania Davis. Alexis Sevillian, and Amanda Ollinger will also return. Joining them will be talented freshmen Kate Martin, and Tomi Taiwo.

Iowa will also have good depth in the front court. They return Megan Gustafson, Hannah Stewert, and Paula Ramos. Talented freshmen Monika Cziano, and Logan Cook (daughter of Marv Cook) will also be there.

This team has the potential to be one of the top teams in program history.
Pretty good assessment except, I expect Amanda will continue her transition to a front court player. She brought improved rebounding and defensive toughness as a forward. Also I expect Zion Sanders to be a back court contributor. She was a well regarded recruit before her knee injury and she now seems to be fully recovered.
Tania's saga reminds me a little of Thierra Taylor and her return helped that team to a very good season, that might well have been better had Iowa not gotten screwed by the committee in the seeding. I think Kathleen Doyle is right that this year has been a huge learning experience and this team has a chance to be very special next year.

The lady Hawks seem to have an over abundance of ACL injuries. I wonder if it has to do with the way they scrimmage. I hope they can stay healthy.