Taking the "L" to the Northwestern game

Iahwkfn

I will be driving from the SW subs, what is the best "L" station on the Red line to use? Looking for free parking, short walking distance to the stop etc. I used the "L" a few years ago when going to the game but can not remember which station. There was a Jewel store a few short blocks from the station. It beats fighting the traffic around the stadium.

Best bet is probably Garfield (5500 South) or somewhere further south than that, maybe like 87th. There should be plenty of free parking down there and you will be able to get a seat.

Just kidding.

Please refrain from using "L" and "Northwestern" in the same post subject.

Thank you.

The northside stations all have neighborhood parking nearby. You should be able to find a spot on the street near the Belmont, Addison and Sheridan stations. Keep in mind that many of these "free" spots require a parking permit after 6pm. They are good for 24 hours and most of the residents have them. If you need one let me know and I will drop one in the mail to you. Just get me a mailing address. Thanks.

The northside stations all have neighborhood parking nearby. You should be able to find a spot on the street near the Belmont, Addison and Sheridan stations. Keep in mind that many of these "free" spots require a parking permit after 6pm. They are good for 24 hours and most of the residents have them. If you need one let me know and I will drop one in the mail to you. Just get me a mailing address. Thanks.

If you are driving this far North, you might as well just drive to Evanston. I went to the NU/PSU game last year and parked 2 blocks from the stadium an hour before kickoff.

There is a lot of free parking at Northwestern on Saturdays, and they have buses to take people to and from the game for free. Parking fills up at about 8:30 on campus. I have class at that time if you want to hang out. :(

So I'm coming from around downtown, I could jump on the Clybourn Metra and head up to Evanston. Looks like a 40 min. ride. I could also take the red line, and transfer to the purple line. The Metra looks like a much better option, shorter trip...Those from Chicago, is this the way I should get to the stadium? Looks like the Metra gets there at 7:05...

So I'm coming from around downtown, I could jump on the Clybourn Metra and head up to Evanston. Looks like a 40 min. ride. I could also take the red line, and transfer to the purple line. The Metra looks like a much better option, shorter trip...Those from Chicago, is this the way I should get to the stadium? Looks like the Metra gets there at 7:05...

Metra is the better option. It drops you off 2-3 blocks from Ryan Field.
You can also drink on the Metra, if you want the head start.
It's a little pricier, but only by a few dollars.
Have fun!

Metra's a good option, it only takes about 20 minutes from Clyborn. Problem is if you miss it, you have a 2 hr wait until the next one comes.

Where are you staying? I think I saw that dirty hippie racer will be in town - perhaps a Friday night pre-game in the Triangle could be in order. I will be around there with HappyChef and a few other dudes wearing my vermillion sweater, weather permitting, of course. The last time I hit the Triangle hard with my buddy Leon, this gal threatened to kick my a$$ before she got kicked out of the bar, so I will have to be on better behavior this time.

If you're driving from out of town, just drive to Evanston.

If you're in town, the Metra is a good plan. The L is decent (only a little more walking involved).

Metra's a good option, it only takes about 20 minutes from Clyborn. Problem is if you miss it, you have a 2 hr wait until the next one comes.

Where are you staying? I think I saw that dirty hippie racer will be in town - perhaps a Friday night pre-game in the Triangle could be in order. I will be around there with HappyChef and a few other dudes wearing my vermillion sweater, weather permitting, of course. The last time I hit the Triangle hard with my buddy Leon, this gal threatened to kick my a$$ before she got kicked out of the bar, so I will have to be on better behavior this time.

I'm going early Sat am and going straight to Evanston.

I'm going with a couple of other Madison-based hawk fans (we have to stick together). I can't recall where the tickets are located. Perhaps we'll see you there.

I'm going early Sat am and going straight to Evanston.

I'm going with a couple of other Madison-based hawk fans (we have to stick together). I can't recall where the tickets are located. Perhaps we'll see you there.

Oh, that sounds cute. What are you guys gonna do, hit the road from Madison early in the morning so you have time to drink one Zima or Mike's Hard Lemonade a piece before the game and then drive straight back to Madison after the game?

Latest posts