Taking A Sneak Peak at Hawkeye Football 2018

I have zero insight. I did not realize he had been dinged. I was excited about him when we signed him. He seems to have good size and his offer list was impressive. I assume he will be just as much in the mix as Geil. My thought was they would redshirt Geil unless we really needed him as he is the only back in this class and we have a few solid options ahead of him

I have zero insight. I did not realize he had been dinged. I was excited about him when we signed him. He seems to have good size and his offer list was impressive. I assume he will be just as much in the mix as Geil. My thought was they would redshirt Geil unless we really needed him as he is the only back in this class and we have a few solid options ahead of him

Fair points. I didn't know if you had heard anything on Bryan. Nice depth at this position.

If CR is our punter next year...I'll be really surprised. I hope we are scouring the world right for someone who can flip the field or be somewhat of a weapon in the punting game. The rugby style kicks require you to angle it by someone...if you don't, it's fielded and you set up the return. Opposing teams are rooting for us to stay status quo.

Next year will be a good year. I've already looked into the crystal ball. No need to fret.

The biggest factor for any team especially the Hawkeyes is whether or not they can stay healthy. It won't matter what recruits they get or how they develop in the off-season. If they can stay healthy they will be competitive and do well. If guys are hurt and we continually have to sub guys that is where our depth will kill us at most positions. If you look at the injuries we had this year the team would have looked a little different from the get go and maybe had a few more wins. (Snyder, Hooker, the lineman, Jewell the one game, Butler,) Oh and as mentioned Punting needs to be addressed big time!

This is the biggest spot where recruiting the 4-5 star guys helps. Iowa can usually get and develop some really good starters but typically if we do not have experienced back-ups we are not going to have the luxury of an Ohio State or Alabama that can just plug in 4-5 star guys that are more physically ready, generally speaking, than the average 2-3 star recruit.

The biggest factor for any team especially the Hawkeyes is whether or not they can stay healthy. It won't matter what recruits they get or how they develop in the off-season. If they can stay healthy they will be competitive and do well. If guys are hurt and we continually have to sub guys that is where our depth will kill us at most positions. If you look at the injuries we had this year the team would have looked a little different from the get go and maybe had a few more wins. (Snyder, Hooker, the lineman, Jewell the one game, Butler,) Oh and as mentioned Punting needs to be addressed big time!

This is the biggest spot where recruiting the 4-5 star guys helps. Iowa can usually get and develop some really good starters but typically if we do not have experienced back-ups we are not going to have the luxury of an Ohio State or Alabama that can just plug in 4-5 star guys that are more physically ready, generally speaking, than the average 2-3 star recruit.

Wisconsin recruits at pretty much the same level as Iowa does. They had a ton of injuries at WR/TE/LB and a few in the secondary yet them seem to adjust easily.

The strengths and weaknesses look very similar to 2017. I'm hopeful the strengths pan out - especially OL and DL - a lot more than in 2017. My cynical, experienced Hawkeye fan, self tells me not to hold my breath ...

The TE's are potential bright spots. Then, what good are such productive, talented TE's when you don't emphasize targeting them? Possibly the most glaring strategical oversight during the last 5 years, all the way back to Fiedorowicz.

Will Nate Stanley learn any new audibles? How 'bout simply sticking with the play and maybe using your legs? Worse case, you stay with the called pass and it's incomplete; no different than getting stuffed for no gain.

About the only prediction I'd make with some degree of certainty is that Iowa will struggle with N. Illannoy and go 4-4 against ISU, at Minny, at Indy, Maryland, at Purdue, NwU, at Illannoy and Nebby.

Latest posts