Take a Pill and Chill

It's pretty obvious based upon the majority of posts on this site that a ton of "fans" are ready to abandon ship and / or jump off the bandwagon after just 7 games. Take a look at what ESPN is saying about last night, not that ESPN has all the answers:

Iowa has to play some defense, but give Va. Tech credit, too: This is not a revelation. It's pretty obvious, actually. But it is true all the same: You simply can't give up 1.28 points per trip and expect to win, no matter how fast you play. Iowa allowed Virginia Tech to go buck-wild last night, and the Hawkeyes, who had a merely good offensive night themselves, couldn't keep up. But don't just blame the porous Hawks. Virginia Tech is actually playing some really good offense so far this season -- its raw PPP average is 116.8 -- and considering how bad we assumed the rebuilding, transfer-riddled Hokies were going to be, new coach James Johnson (now 6-0) deserves a huge share of credit.

Seems to me the majority of "fans" are burying our Hawkeyes for what happened last night vs just maybe giving a little credit to a decent V Tech team.

How about a little patience and let's give this young team, along with Fran, some time to gel and adjust?

I think UNI and ISU will be very good barometers. That being said we should win both. If we split, all is not lost, but should we lose both, look out for the real meltdown!

I think UNI and ISU will be very good barometers. That being said we should win both. If we split, all is not lost, but should we lose both, look out for the real meltdown!

If it was up to you, and you could only choose one victory out of the two games, would you rather have Iowa beat UNI or ISU?

What makes you think that "we should win both"? I don't see that at all. If we play well, we might beat UNI. I don't think we can count on a win vs ISU. We just aren't there yet.

What makes you think that "we should win both"? I don't see that at all. If we play well, we might beat UNI. I don't think we can count on a win vs ISU. We just aren't there yet.

We would have to play our best game of the year to beat either of those teams.

I will say that we have to beat ISU at Carver,or it will be a long season. UNI will be tough,but again,a physical matchup that we are not hugely out-quicked....winning both of these games would be very helpful,but ISU must go down!

ISU at Home should be a win. What have you seen in ISU that makes you think they should beat us on the road? I'll admit i havent seen a lot of ISU (they arent on tv much) of the game i did see, i saw Lucious was unable to run an offense. He was a liability IMO.

It's pretty obvious based upon the majority of posts on this site that a ton of "fans" are ready to abandon ship and / or jump off the bandwagon after just 7 games. Take a look at what ESPN is saying about last night, not that ESPN has all the answers:

Iowa has to play some defense, but give Va. Tech credit, too: This is not a revelation. It's pretty obvious, actually. But it is true all the same: You simply can't give up 1.28 points per trip and expect to win, no matter how fast you play. Iowa allowed Virginia Tech to go buck-wild last night, and the Hawkeyes, who had a merely good offensive night themselves, couldn't keep up. But don't just blame the porous Hawks. Virginia Tech is actually playing some really good offense so far this season -- its raw PPP average is 116.8 -- and considering how bad we assumed the rebuilding, transfer-riddled Hokies were going to be, new coach James Johnson (now 6-0) deserves a huge share of credit.

Seems to me the majority of "fans" are burying our Hawkeyes for what happened last night vs just maybe giving a little credit to a decent V Tech team.

How about a little patience and let's give this young team, along with Fran, some time to gel and adjust?

I see no reason to put "fans" in quotes. Psychos who overreact to a game are fans. They just are either stupid, or lack much perspective.

ISU has played well at times, but is still a work in progress. Lucious has not been good, and Hoiberg has recently had a sit-down with him to try and figure things out. Clyburn ran the point for much of the time in the loss to UNLV, and this may become the norm if Lucious continues turning it over and taking bad shots.

There have been bright spots though. Niang has been good and McGee has been crazy good so far. Rebounding was supposed to be a weakness, but has been great.

Iowa should be a slight favorite in CHA.

My frustration lies in the fact that Iowa still doesn't really have a solid rotation. The starting lineup is the group that has been the most prone to the scoring droughts. There has been a lot of impatience with the group taking 3-pt shots with 20 seconds or more on the shot clock that leads to run-outs for the other teams with the long rebounds. The zone was effective last night as I thought Iowa was aggressive in it, but then it disappeared as did the defense...sometimes the simplest defense in the world is the most effective.

I really don't like the fact that Iowa looks somewhat lost when Woodbury is off the floor as there seems to be no other big who can pass the ball effectively. Woodbury is a force and a game changer because teams simply can't ignore him, right now Iowa has no other bigs who strike fear. If he learns how to stay out of foul trouble he could be really, really good this year.

Defensively, overall though when Iowa does get beat and has guys in the game that challenge shots, they don't look so bad, it is so essential that Gabe gets up to speed soon as Iowa looks terrible playing a 6-7 guy at the 5, no matter who it is.

Ball movement becomes stagnant too much of the time, if Iowa just didn't get impatient they would be more effective. When they have crisp ball movement they score easily because they have some good players and a bench that can play.

I like this team, they have some things to work on, the positive thing is that it is far less today than at the same time last season. The only real negative I have is, with the players on the floor, I thought those things would come sooner, but youth is a funny thing.

I saw the Cinncy game, Luscious was Atrocious
Yes, he was. He has started the year much like Chris Allen did last year. He got better with shot selection as the year went on. Korie doesn't need to do much to be a good PG. He is trying to do too much right now.

Latest posts