Surprised?

What was that at the end, an attempted soccer flop?

His lack of footspeed/lateral quickness is going to be even more exposed in the NBA. And lead to more incidents like this. If he makes it in the NBA.

Right now he's Danny Ainge with about 10% of Danny's talent.

His lack of footspeed/lateral quickness is going to be even more exposed in the NBA. And lead to more incidents like this. If he makes it in the NBA.

I agree he’s a headcase but are you sure about his athletic ability? I do not recall Ainge doing this.

Have you watched Allen play? Seriously dude is athletic and not just for a white guy. He's got hops and a great jumper. Not to mention he can D up He'll more than just stick in the NBA. He's a head case that's for sure and has an edge to him clearly but so long as he doesn't go all Ron Artest out there he'll be a solid or better NBA player. Ainge wishes he had Allens physical talent back when he played...

Ainge wishes he had Allens physical talent back when he played...

I get it, Grayson Allen is a good athlete. But in high school Ainge was 1st team All-American in football, basketball, and baseball. Not only did he win the Wooden award as a college basketball player, he played in the majors for the Blue Jays and is the youngest player in Jays history to hit a home run.

15-year NBA veteran, solid career averages of 11.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, 2.7 rpg, one-time All-Star, 2x NBA champ (Boston), played in 2 other NBA finals and lost to MJ (Portland and Phoenix).

The guy had some skills.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ainge

I get it, Grayson Allen is a good athlete. But in high school Ainge was 1st team All-American in football, basketball, and baseball. Not only did he win the Wooden award as a college basketball player, he played in the majors for the Blue Jays and is the youngest player in Jays history to hit a home run.

15-year NBA veteran, solid career averages of 11.5 ppg, 4.0 apg, 2.7 rpg, one-time All-Star, 2x NBA champ (Boston), played in 2 other NBA finals and lost to MJ (Portland and Phoenix).

The guy had some skills.
Oh I'm aware of Ainges career. I'm almost 40 and remember him playing with Bird and McHale. As you mentioned he's well accomplished. But I don't think he was as fast or able to do some of the things Allen can on a basketball court. Allen had one of the higher verts in the class I believe... You can tell with those warm up dunks in those clips Special K posted that Allen isn't even giving it all he's got to do that either. They are similar in size and as far as their eras go will have almost similar roles. So I can get comparing them to an extent. Time will tell how Allen does..

The guy had some skills.
Ainge kind of showed his value in subtle ways.

And he kind of kept showing up in the NBA finals.

You mentioned his legendary prep career, which I'm betting younger posters aren't aware of. In the late 1970's the two best West coast college quarterback prospects were John Elway and Danny Ainge. He was briefly a major league baseball player. And he was a decathlon candidate for the ill fated 1980 Olympic games until he gave up amateur status, which counted against you in any sport back then

His value as an NBA player kind of snuck up on you over the years, possibly because he wasn't well liked around the league. He was intelligent, feisty, loved to agitate, and was not afraid to stir things up. His three pointers, when he made them, always seemed be daggers in crucial spots. He was an underrated passer and defender. And like you said put in a fifteen year career.

I love Grayson's athleticism but, hey, I loved Eric May's, too. Grayson could start by elimating the cheap shots, like the headbutt into Young's midsection in the clip. And if he thinks he can get away with flopping in the NBA well he picked the wrong league to play in.

Grayson Allen isn't going to play in the NBA. He couldn't guard a park bench.

Grayson Allen isn't going to play in the NBA. He couldn't guard a park bench.
He was a Dukie who played a large role in a national championship as a freshman.

Otherwise he doesn't even get drafted. Perfect G-league fodder.
He can perform his drama in front of triple digit crowds for teams like the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.