Super Bowl - WTHell happened.

uihawk82

I know at one time they said the Pats had run 60+ plays to Atlanta's 33 but was it as simple as the Falcons defense, especially their pass rushers, getting gassed that enabled this epic comeback. Or do you think the Pats just made some really good adjustments on both sides of the ball?

I was hoping the ex-hawks on the Falcons would get a ring and Atlanta would win as they have never won a SB.

Oh well.

When you are up 8 with the ball on your opponent's 25 late in the 4th quarter and you decide to pass, get sacked, then have a penalty, you deserve to lose. It's that simple. That said Brady and the Pats had to execute a lot of plays to make that incredible comeback.

When you are up 8 with the ball on your opponent's 25 late in the 4th quarter and you decide to pass, get sacked, then have a penalty, you deserve to lose. It's that simple. That said Brady and the Pats had to execute a lot of plays to make that incredible comeback.

What are you talking about. Falcons were PLAYING TO WIN!!! I have been told that it is impossible to lose if you just PLAY TO WIN!!! DERP!!!

The problem was, they were getting pressure on Brady with a 4 man rush, either the 4 DL or a zone blitz for the first 3 quarters. They were also able to jam the WR, even though they were rightfully called for holding a number of times, it worked, knowing Brady doesn't throw the deep ball well.

They went to more of a soft coverage in the 4th quarter and sent extra guys. All Brady and the WR had to do was throw/run route to the area where the blitz was coming from and it was easy pickings, especially with the soft coverage. They didn't disguise the blitz, back it off, or anything. I could tell before the ball was snapped if it was going to be good for the Pats or not, based on the tightness of the alignment and/or the showing of the blitz. I finally got pissed and quit watching. Turrible.

Or how about your defense having 3rd and long, stopping NE short three times in a row, in the same drive, and committing 3 defensive holding fouls on said plays, giving up 3 first downs and 30 free yards to let the Pats walk into the endzone? That's a a lot of threes. Wow.

That's what separates team like Atlanta from the Belichicks and the Bradys of the world. They don't play sloppy, rag-tag football and Atlanta does. If you try to drive a thumbtack with a sledgehammer a la the Falcons, things are going to fall apart eventually.

ATL DL sold out for 3 quarters and got gassed in 4th.

NE had to have 5 things go for them and ATL had to have 5 things go against them for NE to win. It happened.

Mostly dink and dunk passing and shotgun throughout the game except for under center play close to goal situations. NE's running game was abandoned for short passes to White the running back and they also implemented a quick draw offense in the second half.

NE's defense stepped it up. If Atlanta had scored just one point in the second half, Atlanta would've won.

New England made adjustments after half time because they were behind by so much by the end of the first half.
NE did what ever it took to win.

Last edited:

Latest posts