Sunday Sunday Sunday

CRwrestling

We still have more points to win tomorrow than PSU. I think PSU will win all five of their finals. I think best case scenario, we'll pull out three. On the backside Marion has to beat Alton, and then Kennedy. Tough road but I think he will do it. Gambral has Rutt, again tough road, not as much faith.

I think that Ramos, Jannsen, and E Lofthouse should all wrestle to a third. All three wrestled opponents tonight that were higher ranked and had a chance to win in the third (and overtime). That something to build on leading into NCAAs. Assuming they finish Big 10's well.

We still have more points to win tomorrow than PSU. I think PSU will win all five of their finals. I think best case scenario, we'll pull out three. On the backside Marion has to beat Alton, and then Kennedy. Tough road but I think he will do it. Gambral has Rutt, again tough road, not as much faith.

I think that Ramos, Jannsen, and E Lofthouse should all wrestle to a third. All three wrestled opponents tonight that were higher ranked and had a chance to win in the third (and overtime). That something to build on leading into NCAAs. Assuming they finish Big 10's well.

Every point will be critical. PSU should win at 149, 157 and 174. I think Graff can win and I expect Steinhause to win. Mcd, Luke and Blake need to win and we need thirds from all the others.

If PSU wins all of their championship matches, then Iowa has to get all 4 of theirs to have a chance to win this.

Key Matches for the Day, just looking at the brackets and points out there:

125: McDonough in on 1st or 2nd (16 to 12), Pataky in on 7th or 8th (4 or 3 pts)
133: Long into 1st or 2nd place (16 to 12 pts), Ramos 3rd to 6th (10 to 6 pts)
141: Marion vs Alton (winner will be into 3rd place match)
149: Molinaro in on 1st or 2nd (Likely 1st, 16 to 12 pts), No Iowa Ballweg pts
157: Taylor vs. St John for 1st Place (+4 points to the winner)
165: Janssen aiming for 3rd-6th (10 to 6), Volrath for 7th-8th (4 or 3 pts) [Could be key]
174: Lofthouse aiming for 3rd-6th (10 to 6), Ruth aiming for 1st-2nd (16 to 12)
184: Gambrall aiming for 3rd-6th (10 to 6), Wright aiming for 1st-2nd (16 to 12) [This one hurts]
197: Lofthouse aiming for 1st-2nd (16 to 12), No PSU points
HW: Rasing aiming for 1st-2nd (16 to 12), Wade aiming for 3rd-6th (10 to 6)

If PSU wins all of their championship matches, then Iowa has to get all 4 of theirs to have a chance to win this.

Um, yeah that won't happen, Iowa only has 4 guys in the finals and one of the four is a head to head match up with Penn St (St. John v. Taylor).

Iowa needs 3 of their 4 finalist to win then have Marion, Ramos and Janssen come back and get 3rd and they will be in good shape even if PSU has 5 champs.

It is a tough road, but then again I don't think PSU is going to win all their championship matches either.

It would have been nice if Ballweg would have won just 1 match and placed at least 8th, those points would have been huge.

Last edited:
We have 31 possible placement points remaining and psu only has 29. We can't both win out because we're matched in the 157 finals. it's going to be hard to win if we don't get a champion at 157.

We have 31 possible placement points remaining and psu only has 29. We can't both win out because we're matched in the 157 finals. it's going to be hard to win if we don't get a champion at 157.

No it won't, we are also matched together at 141 as Marion has Alton in the consolation semi so win that and there is 4 more points even if Marion would lose his 3rd place match and that would off set a Taylor win over St. John.

The key is winning the other 3 titles and having Marion, Ramos and Janssen get 3rd.

3 champs, 1 second, and 3 thirds will be enough to win team title even if PSU has 5 champs.

Last edited:
4 finalists = 16 non bonus points possible
+
5 consies = 22.5 non bonus points possible (20 placement + 2.5 advancement)
=
38.5 total non bonus points possible.

This right?

I'm thinking about cruising up to watch the finals. Does anyone know if the ticket office is open today? How long will that 3 o'clock session last?

remove the heads up (Alton/Marion; St. John/Taylor) Iowa has 28 placement points and 2.5 advancement possible-PSU has 22 placement points and 1 advancement. 157 match is a 4 pt swing no mater, worst case at 141 + 2.5 best case +3.5 for either team(without bonus points). If all IOWA and PSU win out, without the heads up matches, we have a chance at a positive 7.5 over PSU. Every first round consolation match is huge! for each one we lose we give up 2.5 to 3.5 points. BONUS POINTS ARE THEY ARE HUGE!

Latest posts