Stubbornness

Things won't change.

Kirk is to stubborn to update his schemes and strategies. He proved it tonight. I thought we might do something different with Coker out, like a hurry up offense to catch them off guard, but no. Same ol' Same ol' offense.

This philosophy of out executing a team to win is pathetic and doesn't work anymore. Just win the damn game with a real scheme and strategy and build the offense around JVB.

The only way to be successful is to build with what ya got and Kirk is trying to build with stuff he doesn't have.

fire his wothless butt, remember that nc run 9 games in the season 2 years ago....didn't follow threw on it so be gone win 4 straight bowl games and bcs games every year or you're out at iowa KF sorry!!!

Too risky to change...Iowa has no sizzle. It isn't fair to the other teams to use a gameplan. Besides it is easier to you just play the same exact way, then you can always blame execution regardless whether you have the players to execute the plays.

Too risky to change...Iowa has no sizzle. It isn't fair to the other teams to use a gameplan. Besides it is easier to you just play the same exact way, then you can always blame execution regardless whether you have the players to execute the plays.

The thing is they can blame it on execution. I didn't really have a problem with the offense tonight and I thought the defense played great. We have to be able to catch the ball, block on offense, and not have stupid penalties at bad times. We always rank very high in least amount of penalities. Again we didn't have that many tonight but we had bad ones at crucial times.

I need to remind people that Kirk actually went for a fourth down when we could have gotten some points, how is that not risky and a change? If it wasn't for the blind ref we probably would have scored due to the offsides. At the end of the half they also actually tried to move the ball and score rather than just down it and let the clock run out. Though I do think clock management needs to improve.

Bar none some members of the offense just didn't come to play, we were thin on depth of special teams and the skill players Okie had outclassed us on the return teams. Iowa really beat themselves tonight in execution. I think it is silly for people think that their offense was going to morph into the spread offense run and gun in less than a month.

WE have a QB who acts like a scared rabbit in the pocket. The sacks last night weren't the OL's fault. For some reason JV sees pressure where there isn't any and more times than not steps right into the sacks instead of moving up in the pocket. I contribute a lot of this problem to the QB coach and we all know who that is.

WE have a QB who acts like a scared rabbit in the pocket. The sacks last night weren't the OL's fault. For some reason JV sees pressure where there isn't any and more times than not steps right into the sacks instead of moving up in the pocket. I contribute a lot of this problem to the QB coach and we all know who that is.

JVB did seem to drift into pressure that wasn't always there.
Good news is this is correctible.

I think we need to be thankful that he has the SKILLS. He has plenty of time to learn and improve on everything in the offseason now. Let's hope he gets his arse into some film sessions non-stop from now till next September.

Things won't change.

Kirk is to stubborn to update his schemes and strategies. He proved it tonight. I thought we might do something different with Coker out, like a hurry up offense to catch them off guard, but no. Same ol' Same ol' offense.

This philosophy of out executing a team to win is pathetic and doesn't work anymore. Just win the damn game with a real scheme and strategy and build the offense around JVB.

The only way to be successful is to build with what ya got and Kirk is trying to build with stuff he doesn't have.

Dumbest post I have seen in awhile. Last I checked, out-executing your opponent was the key to winning games. Changing the scheme doesn't mean you no longer have to execute at a high level. I can guarantee you every team that has had success this year has out-executed their opponents.

Things won't change. Kirk is to stubborn to update his schemes and strategies. He proved it tonight. I thought we might do something different with Coker out, like a hurry up offense to catch them off guard, but no. Same ol' Same ol' offense.This philosophy of out executing a team to win is pathetic and doesn't work anymore. Just win the damn game with a real scheme and strategy and build the offense around JVB.The only way to be successful is to build with what ya got and Kirk i trying to build with stuff he doesn't have.
Dumbest post I have seen in awhile. Last I checked, out-executing your opponent was the key to winning games. Changing the scheme doesn't mean you no longer have to execute at a high level. I can guarantee you every team that has had success this year has out-executed their opponents.

Yeah I worded it wrong. I mean we aren't gonna win with the philosophy that "were gonna let you know what were doing but were gonna out execute you." First of all we can't out execute anybody with the players we have and second, it just doesn't work anymore cause teams have caught on.

The thing is they can blame it on execution. I didn't really have a problem with the offense tonight and I thought the defense played great. We have to be able to catch the ball, block on offense, and not have stupid penalties at bad times. We always rank very high in least amount of penalities. Again we didn't have that many tonight but we had bad ones at crucial times.

I need to remind people that Kirk actually went for a fourth down when we could have gotten some points, how is that not risky and a change? If it wasn't for the blind ref we probably would have scored due to the offsides. At the end of the half they also actually tried to move the ball and score rather than just down it and let the clock run out. Though I do think clock management needs to improve.

Bar none some members of the offense just didn't come to play, we were thin on depth of special teams and the skill players Okie had outclassed us on the return teams. Iowa really beat themselves tonight in execution. I think it is silly for people think that their offense was going to morph into the spread offense run and gun in less than a month.

A good answer. Unfortunately, you were answering a post by one of the least intelligent posters, football-wise, this board has ever seen.

As well, it wasn't like Coker was suspended with a month of preparation. He was suspended roughly two weeks before the game and players just coming off finals.

The game plan, offensively, was fine. And the D did better than I expected, other than being unable to stop Blake Bell when every single person viewing the game KNEW he was going to run.

One key turning point was when we had them pinned deep AFTER the missed call on our 4th-down attempt. Lebron Daniel drops a sure pick-6, then their punter flips the field with the kick of his life. That three minutes was tough to overcome.

Still, those pinning it on the coaches "watch" the scoreboard but "miss" the game.

So...is it "coaching"? Or, is it a QB who hasn't absorbed said "coaching"? I find it hard to believe he hasn't been told, oh, ten times or more, that he panics at the slightest hint of pressure and tends to throw erratically on occasion when such pressure is applied.

Receivers dropped balls. VDB has been downright awful at times in road games this year. And, our schemes are too predictable. All were factors in the loss.

Our offense continues to be the problem, regardless of QB. Having said that VDB has been really, really shaky at times on the road this year. I believe he's lead the team to one victory while wearing the white jersey.

He may have great stats between the 20's, but there's something missing. It may be his nerves, it may be the schemes... I don't know.

However, something isn't right, and I think there are enough talented players on offense to do better than this.

The defense consistently bails out the offense. If the D didn't cause many, many three and outs (as well as the marvelous Binns interception), that game would've been an absolute blowout.

Zero points by the offense midway through the third quarter. Scratch that, our offense was responsible for 7 points for OU early in the game.

I was, as Paul Rhodes would say, so pwoud of our defense last night. And, VDB did make some nice plays in the comeback. I hope there is something to build upon for next year... but it's more of a hope. We lose possibly 3 guys to the frickin NFL of the O line. How do you have such a bad offense with players like that?

OU is good. our o line got man handled at times, we dropped passed and couldnt id the open receiver.
Norm will be missed greatly next year.

Latest posts