STORY: Keegan Murray Preparing for Early Impact at Iowa

These two guys are going to be a fascinating duo to watch in the future. They took a unique path to Iowa. I am not even close to being knowledgable enough to predict their success level, but Fran has to be pretty confident and he has a world of experience. Would be great to see two guys from Prairie succeed.

Is that his younger sister in the pic with him? How cool would that be if she ends up good enough to play for Lisa. Wonder how many times something like that has happened anywhere.

Is it safe to say Keegan is the more talented of the two Murrays, and that his brother will be the one to red-shirt , if it comes to that [barring injuries, unforeseen circumstances]?

Is it safe to say Keegan is the more talented of the two Murrays, and that his brother will be the one to red-shirt , if it comes to that [barring injuries, unforeseen circumstances]?

I will be posting a story in Kris later today. I wanted to write separate stories because they are not the same player.

In the simplest of descriptions, Keegan is a better shooter from the outside and Kris is better at getting to the basket.

I think we have enough shooters to rotate in right now. I want to see a 6'8 kid with a mans body take it strong to the hoop and then play lock down D.

I still think both of these young men should redshirt, but given their age already, that may not be in the cards. Hard to see either making a huge impact this season given the depth.