Story: Hawkeyes Working Hard in Pursuing Xavier Foster

I sure hope we can land this kid. He could be the first of many dominoes that fall. His commitment would be huge for the future of Iowa basketball.

I'm not really sure what else Iowa can do here. It offered first and has recruited him hard.

If he does wait until the spring signing period, the Hawkeyes probably need to show they're a program moving forward this coming season.

Word on the street is that he favors Iowa State over Iowa but I have never heard that from the kid or his family.

Yes. I put in the story that Duke and UNC are showing interest. If they offer, that could change the game.

Not a chance, not even gonna follow this recruitment. If and when he signs the forms I'll break out the champagne.

They have got to put some restrictions on the name programs. They sign all these one and drones then come after name recruits at the last moments to fill those empty slots. Maybe lose a scholarship til there one and drones would have been at least a junior.

They have got to put some restrictions on the name programs. They sign all these one and drones then come after name recruits at the last moments to fill those empty slots. Maybe lose a scholarship til there one and drones would have been at least a junior.
Predators with big O bags of $$$

This will never happen. Iowa has for years swooped in late on MAC or FCS football recruits and offered them scholarships. I think we need to look in the mirror first before we throw stones at the blue bloods. Besides, if the kid has his heart truly set on playing for a blue blood school then does he decide to transfer after one or two breakout years to a blue blood that has an open spot? You want to have kids that are truly committed to your program. The fact is that most kids want to compete for national championships and play for a blue blood school if they are good enough to warrant a scholarship offer. I get that's not the case for everyone.