STORY: Hawkeyes Take Nebraska Series Despite Dropping Finale

RobHowe

Administrator
Made it over to the park on Sunday. Maybe I'm bad luck.

Anyway, here's a story with some video interviews with Heller and Iowa Players:

LINK

9 of last 12 in the BIG, Hawks playing well. Need to do some damage in the BIG tourney to make the tourney you think Rob?

Work to do, for sure, to claim an at-large. Hawkeyes start the week No. 78 in RPI.

Need to win last three B1G series against Ohio State (147), Michigan State (188) and Maryland (91). Nice opportunity again UC Irvine (46) at Banks in a couple weeks.

9 of last 12 in the BIG, Hawks playing well. Need to do some damage in the BIG tourney to make the tourney you think Rob?

There are very few scenarios where Iowa can get an at large bid without doing any damage in the B1G Tournament, winning out is one of them. But I don't think Iowa has to win the B1G tournament to get in. Like Rob says, keep winning these series along with some damage in the B1G tournament and I think they can still get an at large. But the margin for error is not very big.

BA has been releasing new projections on Wednesdays. Unless someone else does it I'll keep an eye out for it and post it.

There are very few scenarios where Iowa can get an at large bid without doing any damage in the B1G Tournament, winning out is one of them. But I don't think Iowa has to win the B1G tournament to get in. Like Rob says, keep winning these series along with some damage in the B1G tournament and I think they can still get an at large. But the margin for error is not very big.

BA has been releasing new projections on Wednesdays. Unless someone else does it I'll keep an eye out for it and post it.

Thanks, I'd imagine winning 2 of 3 in series here on out would make us pretty tough to leave out. Especially winning a few games in the BIG tourney ? As Rob mentioned, that UC Irvine Series is a great opportunity

We’re way out. A sweep against UCI would be the only thing that’d even come close and even then you’re depending on on other teams to lose.

Hawks are best served by winning the BTT, certainly easier than an at large.

We’re way out. A sweep against UCI would be the only thing that’d even come close and even then you’re depending on on other teams to lose.

Hawks are best served by winning the BTT, certainly easier than an at large.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic and a Hawkeye homer but I don't think Iowa is "way out". It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa's name listed tomorrow being in the next four out. Granted Iowa has a LOT of work to do to get an at large but it's still possible. Beating Ohio State still helps because even though their RPI sucks they still own a winning record (23-18) and the games are on the road. Beating Milwaukee last night moved Iowa from 73 to 71 RPI mostly because Milwaukee has a winning record (22-15). The only opponent left on the schedule that really hurts Iowa is Michigan State, those games are at home and right now MSU is 11-27. Maryland is also hovering around a .500 record and those games are on the road as well.

If Iowa can get around that 35 win mark I think they will have a fighting chance at an at large bid.

Latest posts