STORY: Bohannon Leads Iowa, Honors Legendary Hawkeye Street

Bohannon is rightfully the main story of the night. But how about Garza making clutch plays again late in a close game? That's the second time he's done that in close games. Dare I say we have 2 players with the clutch gene? That could come in handy if we ever learn how to consistently play close games again.

Yes. He was fighting back tears. It was pretty emotional over there last night.
It says a lot about Fran that one of his players felt he had the green light to make a decision like that. I'd read JBo had said he was hoping coach wouldn't be mad at him for it. Pretty safe to say if anyone is upset at him for it they can go fly a kite. Fran sure wasn't.

It's one thing if we were on the NCAA bubble, or fighting for a double bye in the BTT....but it was a battle of bad teams and we had already locked up a Wednesday game....so I have no issues whatsoever with him purposely missing....even if NW was in the midst of making a run.

On the other hand, as others have stated, Chris was probably pissed that JBo missed on purpose. :)

But it's nice that his legacy can live on in that record and then to be joined by another class Iowan on the same line. Pretty cool stuff!

the crazy thing about Garza is that he looks like the Tasmanian Devil, all out of control, but he really isn't. he can stop on a dime and freeze, just before he would plow someone over.

We're not bad when Garza and Moss play well. Obviously JBos 3s didn't hurt either. Games like this make me think we may not be far off but the inability to compete on the road still is concerning.

Garza is going to continue to get better. So will Nunge, he just needs confidence. You could see it in his face last night when he missed a wide open 3. Cook will improve. He showed the mid-range jump shot very sparingly this year but hopefully that part of his game continues to develop.

Baer as the 6th man seems to be working better. He isn't trying to do as much on offense. He just needs to impact the game the way he does with rebounding, defense and blocked shots and shoot the 3 ball in rhythm.

Moss need to continue to work on his ability to drive in the half court. We know we don't have the creater at the PG spot so I'd like to see Moss step that part of his game up.

I do believe both Connor and Weiskamp will contribute next year and help to the depth at the guard spot. Overall depth should still be good with guys like Dailey, Pemsl, Kreiner, Ellingson, and Wagner all being a year older. Not saying I even want to see some of these guys play much there's always injuries that come up or foul trouble situations and it's nice being able to go to guys that have experience on the floor.

Young teams typically aren't good at D and I know D isn't Fran's specialty but I still gotta think that next year we will have a roster with a lot of experience and that there isn't anywhere to go but up as it relates to the Defensive side of the ball.

Granted it's a home win against a team that had lost 5 straight and ended 6-12 in the conference but I'm trying to take a little hope away from last night's win.

In regards to JBo and the free throw, I really don't have a strong opinion. I would have been fine with JBo breaking it as he would have earned it but I think it's really classy that he wanted to honor Chris' legacy by keeping his record alive.

We're not bad when Garza and Moss play well. Obviously JBos 3s didn't hurt either. Games like this make me think we may not be far off but the inability to compete on the road still is concerning.

Garza is going to continue to get better. So will Nunge, he just needs confidence. You could see it in his face last night when he missed a wide open 3. Cook will improve. He showed the mid-range jump shot very sparingly this year but hopefully that part of his game continues to develop.

Baer as the 6th man seems to be working better. He isn't trying to do as much on offense. He just needs to impact the game the way he does with rebounding, defense and blocked shots and shoot the 3 ball in rhythm.

Moss need to continue to work on his ability to drive in the half court. We know we don't have the creater at the PG spot so I'd like to see Moss step that part of his game up.

I do believe both Connor and Weiskamp will contribute next year and help to the depth at the guard spot. Overall depth should still be good with guys like Dailey, Pemsl, Kreiner, Ellingson, and Wagner all being a year older. Not saying I even want to see some of these guys play much there's always injuries that come up or foul trouble situations and it's nice being able to go to guys that have experience on the floor.

Young teams typically aren't good at D and I know D isn't Fran's specialty but I still gotta think that next year we will have a roster with a lot of experience and that there isn't anywhere to go but up as it relates to the Defensive side of the ball.

Granted it's a home win against a team that had lost 5 straight and ended 6-12 in the conference but I'm trying to take a little hope away from last night's win.

In regards to JBo and the free throw, I really don't have a strong opinion. I would have been fine with JBo breaking it as he would have earned it but I think it's really classy that he wanted to honor Chris' legacy by keeping his record alive.

We have no real issues offensively based on the fact that we are Top 25 in KenPom Offensive Efficiency and the fact we are ranked #3 in the B1G in scoring offense.

Once again, it will be defense that determines how far we go next year. If we can't figure it out, we could be #1 in Ken Pom Offensive Efficiency next year, and we'd still have a losing record. Even last night, we allowed a guy to, yet again, have a career night from 3 point range (in our own building again, no less), we showed an inability to get back on transition defense, and our guards couldn't contain dribble penetration nor could our bigs help once they got past. Now that I think about it, I don't think we took a single charge all year....

Latest posts