Stoops

SDK46

I scanned 8 pages of posts and didn't see a Stoops post.

Anybody else think he looked like a boob for most of the night? Like a 1st grader who had his crayons taken?

I know, I know...he's a "fiery" coach...whatever...every time ESPN panned him (about every 3 frickn minutes), he was screaming, flinging the head set, sprinting up and down the sidelines, emotionally (verbally) going after refs, assistants, players.

Good Lord. Hayden didn't teach him anything about professionalism?

Last edited:
Yeah when he wasn't screaming he had a "I have to take a massive poop" face all night.

My favorite Stoops moment was after the PI call in which McNutt had his helmet ripped off he was screaming at the refs. It should have been a 15 yard personal foul rather than spot PI call that only netted a few yards.

I would never want that hot head to be our coach. Did you see where WR Crier (Sp?) missed a ball, was obviously hurt and limping to the sidelines, and Stoops was eyeballing him, looking like he was ready to rip his head off for missing the ball? Then he patted him on the shoulder pads.

Its one thing to be fiery and emotional but I thought he embarrassed himself on national TV. He was chewing players, coaches and the refs all night. I thought he should have had a warning and then a flag early in the game. Then you see KF on the other side. Arizona fans will say scoreboard but when a coach like Stoops, Rhodes, Lynch are continually making emotional outbursts to me it shows a lack of confidence in yourself and your team. Have to light a fire all the time. Then you have coaches like KF, Tressel, Belichek who are on an even keel most of the time. Let their actions do the talking rather than running up and down the sidelines, flailing their arms, throwing their gum, etc. The team recognizes and senses the panic.
In closing, win or lose I will take the professional KF over the scyzoid frantic Mike Stoops.

I would never want that hot head to be our coach. Did you see where WR Crier (Sp?) missed a ball, was obviously hurt and limping to the sidelines, and Stoops was eyeballing him, looking like he was ready to rip his head off for missing the ball? Then he patted him on the shoulder pads.

Yes, I saw this and agreed on the other comments.

Also, to the OP, appropriately Stoops shows up in the D'Antonio had a heart attack thread.

Yeah he embarrassed himself on national tv...not. You guys know his team won right? Rex Ryan and Jon Gruden are just a couple coaches they also bring attention to themselves, they seem to do alright. Why should we, as Iowa fans, care about the other coaches antics? We should just add that to the reasons we lost. Special Teams, O-Line, Mike Stoops antics...huh? SMH

Yeah he embarrassed himself on national tv...not. You guys know his team won right? Rex Ryan and Jon Gruden are just a couple coaches they also bring attention to themselves, they seem to do alright. Why should we, as Iowa fans, care about the other coaches antics? We should just add that to the reasons we lost. Special Teams, O-Line, Mike Stoops antics...huh? SMH
Are you serious?

My disdain stems from the fact he played at Iowa and coached/received mentoring under Hayden. I.e. he has Iowa ties...and he's sadly turned out to be a baby.

That makes him more than "just another coach."

Pretty poor 2nd post pal.

P.s. You know our team won last year....right?

Last edited:
I'm just saying not everyone works in the mild mannered ways as Kirk. Different strokes for different folks, ya know? Maybe he got a call or two from that yelling, you never know. Obviously, I meant that sarcastically, I've seen so many reasons for the loss, I just tacked it on. Hopefully you approve of my third post;), peace.

I dont give 2 sh!t$ about Mike Stoops antics other than he should have had a flag or at least a warning. It was every play! The fact is he did embarrass himself.

Airhawk, just wondering why you put Rhodes behavior in there with Stoops antics last night.

Airhawk, just wondering why you put Rhodes behavior in there with Stoops antics last night.
He is an "animated " coach. I wouldn't say he is a cry baby like Stoops, Lynch but his continual running up and down, flailing his arms, etc. on the sidelines gets old IMO. Mouth always wide open. Didn't mean to place the cry baby tag on him.

Stoops was acting like a baby because he knew he needed all the help he could get to hold onto the lead and the game itself. It was a poor showinng for him and the university on national TV. KF works the refs to but he doesn't make it as obviuous and KF would never eyball a player or call him out on the sidelines. It's called class and Stoops doesn't have it. As bad as he wanted his signature win he could have acted like he has been there before. If he had any wishes of ever coming back to Iowa in some way he flushed them down the toilet with that showing.

Stoops was acting like a baby because he knew he needed all the help he could get to hold onto the lead and the game itself. It was a poor showinng for him and the university on national TV. KF works the refs to but he doesn't make it as obviuous and KF would never eyball a player or call him out on the sidelines. It's called class and Stoops doesn't have it. As bad as he wanted his signature win he could have acted like he has been there before. If he had any wishes of ever coming back to Iowa in some way he flushed them down the toilet with that showing.
this

IMO there's nothing wrong with him wearing his emotions on his sleave. I agree that it was a little extreme. I do however think it also showed how much the game meant to him and how where he saw Iowa as a team. I think the screaming about every play to the officials stemmed from the fact that he knew how much fight we had left and didn't want us to get any extra help in terms of field position. I'm not going to hold anything against a guy thats passionate, even if it's a little over the top.

I scanned 8 pages of posts and didn't see a Stoops post.

Anybody else think he looked like a boob for most of the night? Like a 1st grader who had his crayons taken?

I know, I know...he's a "fiery" coach...whatever...every time ESPN panned him (about every 3 frickn minutes), he was screaming, flinging the head set, sprinting up and down the sidelines, emotionally (verbally) going after refs, assistants, players.

Good Lord. Hayden didn't teach him anything about professionalism?
I have said he is just like Pelini...absolute jerks and cry babies on the field. Really embarrassing if I was a fan.

Latest posts