Stoops to Florida?

Is Florida really a better job than Oklahoma? Oklahoma seems to have no trouble in recruiting and tradition wise has been the better program going back to the 60's. I can remember when Florida was still irrelevant back in the 80's. Not saying Stoops wouldn't go there but it's not like Oklahoma is Oklahoma State or something.

Is Florida really a better job than Oklahoma? Oklahoma seems to have no trouble in recruiting and tradition wise has been the better program going back to the 60's. I can remember when Florida was still irrelevant back in the 80's. Not saying Stoops wouldn't go there but it's not like Oklahoma is Oklahoma State or something.

Florida is a top 5 program. I would say yes it is definitely a better job.

Anything to get away from the Texas Cashcow and anyway the Big 12 is a conference IMO hanging on a thread.

Timing couldn't be more perfect for Stoops

Easier to recruit to Florida, better overall players over a number of years. However, getting to the BCS is easier at Oklahoma. Most years, the winner of the Texas-Oklahoma game is your B12 BCS entry...and now with no B12 title game, its much easier. Every year OU will be playing Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, Iowa State, Missouri, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. They should win those games in most years. When they don't, they were not a BCS caliber team to begin with.

In Florida, you have to win the SEC East, then win the SEC title game to guarantee a bid. And the SEC East is not going to stay down long.

Stoops don't care who he plays. He is going to Florida its a done deal. Sec also sends two teams to the bcs, if you think that is an argument. Stoops coaches for one reason and one reason only Championships. If you think Stoops is happy with this year because the won the Big 12 he would say half happy. Eye on the prize at all times.

Last edited:
If I am Stoops, I am perfectly happy where I am at in Norman, OK. He is 7-1 in Big XII championship games. I'd probably play it out a bit to extract some more $ from OU, there's been years where 10-2ish keeps him on the hot seat, but the 7 Big XII titles is pretty impressive.

it just make sense that stoops would leave okie U.

Not really when you consider the fact that he pretty much just has to beat Texas and he's in a BCS bowl. Also, the freshman class at OU is very very talented. Stoops has been very high on them all season. I don't see him going anywhere.

IF it is, it's not by much ... the difference is getting the best from FL rather than UT's leftovers from TX

Have any of you been to Oklahoma? Florida it ain't. If they pay him more money, why wouldn't he go? He's been there before, knows the recruiting, better weather, more pay. Oklahoma is going to have to pay up to keep him; again. I think any of us would choose the palm trees and sun over...well...Norman.

Have any of you been to Oklahoma? Florida it ain't. If they pay him more money, why wouldn't he go? He's been there before, knows the recruiting, better weather, more pay. Oklahoma is going to have to pay up to keep him; again. I think any of us would choose the palm trees and sun over...well...Norman.

Word.

Oklahomeless makes Nebraska look like paradise.

Stoops don't care who he plays. He is going to Florida its a done deal. Sec also sends two teams to the bcs, if you think that is an argument. Stoops coaches for one reason and one reason only Championships. If you think Stoops is happy with this year because the won the Big 12 he would say half happy. Eye on the prize at all times.
this is a perfect example of a poster that speaks in absolutes and has absolutely no idea. I love it...

Latest posts