Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveDeace

Stone Cold Upsets & Lead Pipe Locks – Week 3

Last Week: 8-3
Overall Record: 12-9 (57% winners)
Best Bets: 2-0 (100%)

Odds are based on opening lines and home team is in all CAPS.

Alabama-ARKANSAS under 54
Look for the Razorbacks to play emotionally, inspired defense for a while in what is the first true road game for the Crimson Tide. On the other hand, Arkansas will be limited offensively because of the quarterback situation. Alabama 31, Arkansas 14

MICHIGAN-Massachusetts over 56
The Minutemen are allowing 41 points per game so far this season, and neither Indiana nor Connecticut is as explosive as Michigan can be offense. The Wolverines are second in the Big Ten in big plays, and should get several against UMASS. I also anticipate several youngsters to play on defense, which may allow UMASS the chance to score a garbage time touchdown or two. I am 2-0 so far ATS on Michigan games this season. Michigan 49, Massachusetts 14

FLORIDA STATE -24.5 over Wake Forest
The Demon Deacons have too many wins versus Florida State the past few years, including last year. I also think the Seminoles are itching to play a real opponent after two weeks of scrubs, and Wake Forest is coming off a big, emotional instate win over North Carolina last week. Florida State 45, Wake Forest 10

TENNESSEE -3 over Florida
Vols have lost 7 straight in this series, so they have the revenge factor and the home field. Meanwhile, Gators have some key injuries on defense, and are playing their second straight road. Plus, they still don’t have a quarterback and you can’t hide your quarterback in college football (especially on the road). Tennessee 27, Florida 17

Arizona State +7.5 over MISSOURI
This is a letdown spot for the Tigers, who have to be beat up after last week’s disappointing home loss to Georgia. Meanwhile, the Sun Devils come into the game healthy and confident after solid beatdown after Illinois. Missouri 34, Arizona State 31

OHIO STATE -14.5 over California
Early kickoffs on the road for West Coast teams in either the NFL or NCAA are usually a dicey proposition, but especially for a team that has covered just 2 of its last 10 road games, and gave up 31 points at home to Southern Utah last week. Ohio State 38, California 14

North Carolina +4 over LOUISVILLE
This spread stood out to me because it doesn’t make any sense. Louisville has looked really good its first two weeks, but is barely a field goal favorite at home against the Tar Heels, who lost at home to Wake Forest in a key conference game and should be on an emotional letdown here. This is one of those “somebody knows something I don’t know†games when it looks like they’re begging you to take the other side. North Carolina 24, Louisville 23

Southern California-STANFORD over 57
13 of the last 16 meetings in this series have gone over the total, so obviously that trend pre-dates former Stanford great Andrew Luck. USC obviously has a tremendous offense, but its defense is still sorting things out and lacks depth. USC 38, Stanford 27

Best Bet—MICHIGAN STATE -3.5 over Notre Dame
This might have been the most surprising spread of the week to me, so maybe I’ll end up looking foolish. But I can’t think of a single position on the field that you can definitely say the Irish are the better team here. Not a single one. The game is in East Lansing and MSU is playing for revenge. Michigan State 27, Notre Dame 14

If you want to reply related to topic, you can. If you want to be a smart***, go to a different website.

Deace- why do you use the opening lines but not pick until Friday? This is both on topic and a legit question.

Deace- why do you use the opening lines but not pick until Friday? This is both on topic and a legit question.

What does it matter? I really hope that people don't b!tch, moan, and complain about this with the vBookie feature on this site. If they decide to put games up on that, the lines won't move either, I'm guessing an opening line will be used with that feature.

What does it matter? I really hope that people don't b!tch, moan, and complain about this with the vBookie feature on this site. If they decide to put games up on that, the lines won't move either, I'm guessing an opening line will be used with that feature.

I don't think anybody that will be using the vbookie feature will boast their record on a weekly basis all the while using lines that are 5 days old.

Deace is an obnoxious attention whore and anybody else who posted this garbage every week and never responded to any of the rebuttals would be banned. Dude has less than 200 posts and about all of them except 2 are shameless self promotion.

And he has never given a reason why he uses old lines. It makes no sense at all, other than to make it easier on himself.

I don't think anybody that will be using the vbookie feature will boast their record on a weekly basis all the while using lines that are 5 days old.

Deace is an obnoxious attention whore and anybody else who posted this garbage every week and never responded to any of the rebuttals would be banned. Dude has less than 200 posts and about all of them except 2 are shameless self promotion.

And he has never given a reason why he uses old lines. It makes no sense at all, other than to make it easier on himself.

Its obvious "the deacer" hates Iowa. How many times did he say Ferentz was leaving? He is a UM and Cyclown fan.

Daaace must have something over Jon, any other poster would have been banned a long time ago? Maybe it has something to do with them being snowed in together for 2 days???

I would hate to see a stay or go Deace poll.

Last edited:
I tally 4-5 with a loss on the best best. If closing lines were used I show 2-6-1. Deace I'm not harping on your picks, I enjoy them. I do disagree with claiming a push is a win. This isn't back yard blackjack where you're the house. I also know you need a set point to determine the line and I'm sure the opening line is easier to use then the end line. I used Las Vegas Odds, Sports Scores, Betting Lines at ScoresAndOdds.com for NFL Football, Canada Football, WNBA Basketball, MLB Baseball - 09/16/2012 as my reference point.

Its obvious "the deacer" hates Iowa. How many times did he say Ferentz was leaving? He is a UM and Cyclown fan. Daaace must have something over Jon, any other poster would have been banned a long time ago? Maybe it has something to do with them being snowed in together for 2 days???

If I used your rationale here, banning someone because I don't always agree with their opinions, you would have been gone a long time ago.

I dunno, JD. You banned mesaclavin and oo44 (from the cave) and probably a few others because of their incessant "drive-by" posts. For throwing out flagrant, truth/fact-defying, provocative stuff and then disappearing when the inevitable sparks fly.
Teh deaser does the same thing with his trollish prediction threads and ridiculous, self-serving "rules". He's shaking the can of beer and then handing it to the forum and watching with immature glee as we open it and spray foam all over ourselves.
And you can't hide behind the "don't read it if you don't like it" response, since you are on record (many times) saying other posters shouldn't have to use the ignore function when someone is repeatedly and obviously crossing the line.

I dunno, JD. You banned mesaclavin and oo44 (from the cave) and probably a few others because of their incessant "drive-by" posts. For throwing out flagrant, truth/fact-defying, provocative stuff and then disappearing when the inevitable sparks fly.
Teh deaser does the same thing with his trollish prediction threads and ridiculous, self-serving "rules". He's shaking the can of beer and then handing it to the forum and watching with immature glee as we open it and spray foam all over ourselves.
And you can't hide behind the "don't read it if you don't like it" response, since you are on record (many times) saying other posters shouldn't have to use the ignore function when someone is repeatedly and obviously crossing the line.

cryingbaby.jpg

Why don't you take your own advice? Learn to use the ignore feature....:rolleyes: We all get it, you don't like the Deacer.....but the fact is he is just posting college football picks, and you are such a freaking baby that you can't stand that? Plus what kind of hypocrite rat keeps going to JD, and crying for someone to be banned.....yet in another thread cries that JD better not ban people when others complain about them.

Bye

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Scorpio79
Jon, when incidents like these pop up, why don't you make it a priority to emphasize the ignore user feature? Banning 30 people would probably feel good, but what will you really gain? Take caution in how much you prune for homogeneity; you may not like the outcome as much as you think.
Teach folks to use the ignore feature.

Or maybe take Duff's advice:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DuffMan
LOL at people complaing about stuff they dont have to read.

Hey Duff, can you tell me what "deanvogs" said about me? I have him on ignore. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts