Stone Cold Suckitude & Lame Pipe Losers - Week 13

SteveDeace

Last week: 6-9
Overall: 69-76
Best Bets: 6-6

Odds based on opening lines posted at USA Today.com and home team is in all CAPS. After struggling through the worst year of picking games in my life, I have decided that this week I’m doing something different. Instead of in-depth analysis, I’m going to give my knee-jerk picks on games involving the three conferences I watch the most: Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC.

My hope is that by going with gut my record will improve. We shall see.

Texas A&M -3.5 over TEXAS
The Aggies haven’t lost since making a quarterback switch. Texas A&M 28, Texas 21

ALABAMA -4 over Auburn
The Tigers are giving up 28 points per game in the SEC, and you can’t win road games like this playing defense like that. Alabama 38, Auburn 28

Colorado +17.5 over NEBRASKA
Buffaloes are 2-0 since firing Dan Hawkins, and his son is playing inspired football at quarterback, too. Huskers are a bit disjointed with the Taylor Martinez controversy, their coach apologizing publicly, and the loss of their best wide receiver. Nebraska 27, Colorado 17

PENN STATE +2 over Michigan State
Sparty has never won at State College . Penn State 24, Michigan State 21

INDIANA +3 over Purdue
Hoosiers are probably playing for their head coach and have the quarterback advantage. Indiana 23, Purdue 21

TENNESSEE -3 over Kentucky
Volunteers are at home and playing for a bowl bid, Kentucky already has theirs. Tennessee 28, Kentucky 17

Kansas +24.5 over MISSOURI
Way too many points here in a rivalry game played at a neutral site. Missouri 35, Kansas 24

ARKANSAS -4 over LSU
Home field advantage and the better quarterback here both works in favor of the Razorbacks. Arkansas 31, LSU 24

FLORIDA STATE -2 over Florida
Seminole seniors get one more shot at their instate rivals, who are young and down, and they take advantage of it. Florida State 27, Florida 17

Northwestern +23.5 over WISCONSIN
I’m going to take Pat Fitzgerald and this many points in any Big Ten game not played in Columbus. Wisconsin 38, Northwestern 21

MISSISSIPPI +2 over Mississippi State
This is essentially the Rebels’ bowl game. Mississippi 28, Mississippi State 24

Oklahoma +2 over OKLAHOMA STATE
It’s been a great season for the Cowboys, but I trust “Big Game Bob†more in this spot than I Mike “I’m a man†Gundy. Oklahoma 35, Oklahoma State 31

Iowa-MINNESOTA under 51.5
Frigid cold temperatures in this game played outdoors and I expect the Hawkeyes to be somewhat down after another gut-wrenching loss. Iowa 27, Minnesota 13

OHIO STATE -17.5 over Michigan
I don’t foresee an advantage for the Wolverines in this game. The Buckeyes are more physical, have the superior kicking game, and are playing at home for a Big Ten title. I am 8-3 ATS picking Michigan games this season. Ohio State 45, Michigan 17

BEST BET—CLEMSON +3 over South Carolina
Gamecocks looking ahead to first SEC title game so is this classic recipe for an upset in a rivalry game on the road. Clemson 31, South Carolina 28

http://twitter.com/deaceradio

Colorado +17.5 is the LOCK of the year...and i'm a Nebraska fan.

I believe the game has been taken off the board in Vegas...but if you can get 17.5 points...put the mortgage on it.

That is a poor year.

Guess it could be worse.

It happens.

Good thing you don't actually invest your money. :p

Colorado +17.5 is the LOCK of the year...and i'm a Nebraska fan.

I believe the game has been taken off the board in Vegas...but if you can get 17.5 points...put the mortgage on it.

This is currently why we have a housing crisis.:D

Anytime the word LOCK is thrown around ..... well, the 2nd post in this thread is a perfect example........ anytime someone does that...... STAY AWAY from the game..... or do the exact opposite.

It's pretty amazing the percentage rate it works out like this. lol

Latest posts