Stoermer

Stoermer was in the game during the comeback last night, and I thought I heard the commentator call out his name when Iowa jumped out to the 6 point lead? If so is there something about having him on the floor that settles the team down or allows them to be more effective on defence?

Yes, he was out there during part of our rally. He didn't shoot the ball great in either game though or have a huge stat line. However, he seems really active on the press. Maybe it's fresh legs? Win you only play 7 mins you better give it your all.

I think he happens to be part of a little quicker unit when Cartwright,Archie,McCabe,May and Stoermer are out there.
They played with high energy both games this weekend.
Tonite,McCabe was a difference-maker.
Fun game to watch.

Stoermer I think will be a pretty solid role player for us. He didn't take any shots last night, but drew a foul and made his free throws, and also added a couple boards. He's a more athletic version of Bawinkle, which means he will be able to contribute a lot more to the team than just 3-point shooting (he can also hit mid-range jumpers too, something we rarely saw Devan even attempt).

I watched Jordan play a few times his senior year at Iowa City West. He is definitely a high energy player. He kept a way less talented IC west team close to City High in the games they played the year City won the state title.

I remember last year saying Jordan is a way better player than John Lickliter but there were still a bunch of posters around these parts who had their head burried in the sand and thought that Lickliter must have been better because he played on a City High team that won the state title. When Jordan guarded Lickliter in high school Lickliter could not even get City set up on the offensive end because Jordan was all over him.

I like Jordan but this shows how far Iowa has slipped. Jordan is an nice energy player who is about 6"1, but he is NOT a big 10 caliber player. He can definitely come in and give this team some energy minutes and not be completely abused on the defensive end. Defense is about desire and it doesn't hurt that he learned from easily one of the best HS basketball coaches in the state of Iowa when it comes to coaching defense (Steve Bergman).

I just wish Iowa was in a better position and Jordan would be at a DII or a lesser DI school.

I do like his energy and he is a good kid so I hope to heck he picks his spots right and has a big game when Iowa needs a big turnover or big shot made!

FYI- Bawinkle is a better shooter than Jordan I think.

I watched Jordan play a few times his senior year at Iowa City West. He is definitely a high energy player. He kept a way less talented IC west team close to City High in the games they played the year City won the state title.

I remember last year saying Jordan is a way better player than John Lickliter but there were still a bunch of posters around these parts who had their head burried in the sand and thought that Lickliter must have been better because he played on a City High team that won the state title. When Jordan guarded Lickliter in high school Lickliter could not even get City set up on the offensive end because Jordan was all over him.

I like Jordan but this shows how far Iowa has slipped. Jordan is an nice energy player who is about 6"1, but he is NOT a big 10 caliber player. He can definitely come in and give this team some energy minutes and not be completely abused on the defensive end. Defense is about desire and it doesn't hurt that he learned from easily one of the best HS basketball coaches in the state of Iowa when it comes to coaching defense (Steve Bergman).

I just wish Iowa was in a better position and Jordan would be at a DII or a lesser DI school.

I do like his energy and he is a good kid so I hope to heck he picks his spots right and has a big game when Iowa needs a big turnover or big shot made!

FYI- Bawinkle is a better shooter than Jordan I think.

Bawinkle was a better shooter, I agree. Jordan wasn't as streaky in the games I saw him play at Kirkwood, but his release isn't as quick as Devan's was. But he's a better player overall, and still gives us a solid 3-point option.

I think that Jordan has provided a spark as have several other players off the bench. Jordan does deserve to be where he is and that is a walk-on for the Hawkeyes. The comment that he should be on a DII or DIII team shows a lack of thought before one types...As for competing against other big ten teams, if we play defense like we did last night and can improve our percentage of shots made, then we will at least be competitive in the BT (No, I am not saying we will win a lot of games).

The guys beat a SEC team that will be very competitive in their conference, and the Hawks need every player to to contribute and contribute is what Jordan has been doing.

I think that Jordan has provided a spark as have several other players off the bench. Jordan does deserve to be where he is and that is a walk-on for the Hawkeyes. The comment that he should be on a DII or DIII team shows a lack of thought before one types...

Nebraska-

I never said DIII, can you read?

I think Jordan would thrive at a smaller DI or at DII school. I think the can help this years Iowa team by being a good practice player and a guy who can give the starters a rest without sacrificing too much.... IE, last year when John Lickliter came in, Iowa was in a lot of trouble.

I am a fan of Jordan's work ethic as I watched him play at West High and it's nice that he chose to walk on to give the team some depth.

I am however saying that Iowa obviously has some catching up to do if they need to rely on Jordan very much. We all know Iowa is rebuilding and W & L are not the way we are going to measure THIS years team.

I am just being realistic. Sorry I offended you with realism Nebraska.

I think that Jordan has provided a spark as have several other players off the bench. Jordan does deserve to be where he is and that is a walk-on for the Hawkeyes. The comment that he should be on a DII or DIII team shows a lack of thought before one types...

Nebraska-

I never said DIII, can you read?

I think Jordan would thrive at a smaller DI or at DII school. I think the can help this years Iowa team by being a good practice player and a guy who can give the starters a rest without sacrificing too much.... IE, last year when John Lickliter came in, Iowa was in a lot of trouble.

I am a fan of Jordan's work ethic as I watched him play at West High and it's nice that he chose to walk on to give the team some depth.

I am however saying that Iowa obviously has some catching up to do if they need to rely on Jordan very much. We all know Iowa is rebuilding and W & L are not the way we are going to measure THIS years team.

I am just being realistic. Sorry I offended you with realism Nebraska.

Reality....hmmm...you have yours and I have mine...offended, hardly, just made a counter point to your opinion with my own opinion. Nothing more, nothing less...

no problem, my only problem is you act like I think Jordan is the worst player in the world. He is above the DIII level.

I like him. I think Iowa just needs a play maker at this time. With Gatens and McCabe, just think if Iowa can find a guy who can beat defenders off the bounce, draws other defenders and can kick to Matt or McCabe! I really think McCabe has a nice stroke and I like a 6'7 guy who can shoot over players. Iowa just needs a play maker.

If someone does not emerge Fran may really need to look at taking a chance on a Juco pg/wing player. They really need a play maker as I think they have some nice other pieces.

Definitely, Jordan is a better fit at a smaller school, but he's not Lil Lick. He can play at this level, just isn't as good of a fit in the Big Ten as he would be at a school like Simpson or Wartburg.

Latest posts