Steve Alford and Reggie Miller

EsoxHawk

This is classic stuff. Is anyone else watching 30 for 30?

Lady calls the Pacers "Stupid" for not drafting Stevie over Reggie Miller. Another lady cries about it...

AWESOME

I missed this shot and sadly didn't DVR...Please answer this question:

Did Tanya have the same 'do in the movie as she did in 2006?

Please advise ASAP!

I guess this just goes to show that people who run teams shouldn't listen to fans who call for those who do run the teams to do unreasonable things like constantly firing coaches and benching quarterbacks. Maybe...as it turns out...the people who are in charge of making those decisions know better than those who are in charge of posting on message boards about what they should do.

I guess this just goes to show that people who run teams shouldn't listen to fans who call for those who do run the teams to do unreasonable things like constantly firing coaches and benching quarterbacks. Maybe...as it turns out...the people who are in charge of making those decisions know better than those who are in charge of posting on message boards about what they should do.

You may be right but that would make these message board awfully boring. And maybe Barta does know what hje's doing but as long as Lickliter is in Carver I won't be and I don't think Aaron Fuller or Matt Gatens will be either.

What about the fans that were calling for Jordon to be drafted before Bowie or Durant before Oden? That just goes to show that these people that run teams aren't always right either. In my opinion if Barta keeps Lickliter for another season he should do it with the intention of following Lickliter out the door when it doesn't work out.

i've been enjoying the whole 30 for 30 series but seeing steve alford watching the draft in that powder blue muscle shirt has really taken things up a notch.

i don't think you can compare that situation to anything currently going on with iowa basketball... obviously the people who wanted the pacers to take alford #2 knew even less about basketball than i do. he ended up being drafted #26. the only corollary i can think of is if everyone in jacksonville rose up and demanded the jags trade up to #1 and then use the spot to draft tim tebow. and tebow will likely be a much better pro than alford ever was (although i know it's hard to compare football to basketball).

also... boom baby! what a terrible catchphrase. the video of those mid-90s pacer fans is pretty priceless.

I DVRed it because I like Miller and remember him dropping those 8 pts in 8 seconds to beat the Knicks when I was a kid. Now I have even MORE reason to watch it! HAHA!!

i've been enjoying the whole 30 for 30 series but seeing steve alford watching the draft in that powder blue muscle shirt has really taken things up a notch.

i don't think you can compare that situation to anything currently going on with iowa basketball... obviously the people who wanted the pacers to take alford #2 knew even less about basketball than i do. he ended up being drafted #26.

I agree that Steve in the powder blue was comical. You actually point out a bad job by the director in describing this situation. The Pacers took Miller with 11, in 1987, it was only a coincidence that they had the #2 pick after NY in 1985.

Latest posts