Statistics on scoreboard

fstrfam

Why were there no stats (first downs, passing yards etc) posted during the game on the scoreboard? I hope this is due to some technical issues and will return and not so we can see bigger and more frequent ads from Mediacom, the great customer service company.

Got a tweet that said it worked fine on Friday when they tested it, but had data problems on Saturday but will get it fixed for Pitt game.

On another note, the larger video board in the south endzone had a few blocks where the lights were burnt out, at times nearly the entire top row of the video board was wiped out. I know it's only 5 years old, but those video boards need a major upgrade.

A caller called into soundoff and asked about this. JD said to quit complaining and look 'em up on your smarty phone. jeesh.

probably has some technical difficulties due to the weather, I'd guess.

and i agree that anyone with some experience inside kinnick knows reception is horrid - i'd guess due to all the people trying to use the service in a small area.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jumbotron didn't even work the first quarter. The top half of the screen was just black.
And like you mentioned, they don't even show stats anymore. What a joke.
As for using your phone to look up stats, I don't know about you guys but my reception is horrible within a mile of Kinnick (which is understandable due to all the people)

There was a thread just in the last week about smart phones not working in the stadium, looking up stats, and stats on the board. Or...maybe it was two threads. Anyway, I'm too lazy to look it up for ya.

I think all the electricity was being siphoned off and transmitted to Lames to power their monstrosity/

Yesterday was the first time that I'd ever had trouble with my phone at Kinnick. I think usually it's because most people have Verizon, while I have U.S. Cellular. I couldn't get any calls through after I got off the shuttle until halftime. Never had that problem before at Kinnick.

I dont think I said it in that sort of tone...then again, that might be the tone you hear everything I say or write in ;)

Maybe you could play various chimes or tones after you say stuff, that would represent various emoticons. That way those that are unable to pick up on sarcasm or smiley voices will know. You could play an "audible" legend when you come back from break. Just download the Boombox app on you iPhone maybe. :);):D

Latest posts