Staples: Major college football change on the horizon

Delaney is simply in denial, and Wetzel was right: if the Big Ten doesn't want a playoff, then it doesn't want to win championships.

Agree that Delaney is way off the mark on this one. The fans want it decided on the field, not by coaches who vote teams down or up, based on increasing their team's chances of moving up the bowl pecking order, or helping the prestige of their conference.

How do we really know if Alabama is actually better than OK State this year. I probably won't be as interested in this National Championship game because it pits two SEC teams together when others could legitimately claim they deserve to be in the game.

Very good read thanks for posting spliff. This pretty much confirms my belief we will see a +1 playoff system.

But the article also raised up interesting points about the $2000 stipend. The idea of not treating the sports equally is an interesting point. Does someone on a golf scholarship deserve to get the same $2000 stipend a football player gets? I can see arguements from both sides on that. Plus will it really create a bigger divide between the bigger schools and the smaller ones? I would argue that these bigger schools will not be able to get anymore players than they already are and that there will still be ample enough student athletes that will be satisfied with a scholarship. Where I could see it come to play is the rare occasion a player decides to attend a smaller school for instant playing time now be content to ride the bench to get the stipend.

I stopped reading at "and it could be the first step toward a break from the NCAA by the wealthiest schools." That's crazy talk.

Latest posts