Stanzi should just wing it deep every time.

MrToilet

We were having a discussion on this during the Orange Bowl - why does Stanzi throw a better 30-yard ball than a 5-yard ball? ALL of his pick-6's (and come to think of it, most of his INT's) were short passes, 5-10 yard out routes, stop routes, etc. But his deep ball (20+ yards) are generally always on target, just barely dropping over the defender into the WR's hands - against GT both McNutt's and Sandeman's TD's were perfectly dropped in.

KOK should just call streaks, go routes, out-and-ups all the time, haha. We've got the WR's that can catch, let's sling it! :)

He doesn't have a big time arm and can't zip the ball in. The pick 6 is always going to be a threat and an issue as his arm strength gives the DB's that extra 1/2 step that's the difference between incomplete and intercepted.

Don't know about going deep everytime - obviously opposing DC's will pick up on that. But could we please stop throwing short routes to the right side. All four pick-6's were short and to the right. Almost had one to against Ind. short to the left, but we stopped them at the one and we know what happened next.

Actually, I knew we had the game won the instant we threw the pick-6. We're 4-0, baby, when he throws one!!! Only 7-1 in games he doesn't.

Stanzi's arm strength is more than adequate. He is like the big easy, Ernie Els in golf...it just looks so simple because he doesn't have to contort his body to get it there.

Rick's primary issue, IMO, is getting his feet set and planting them before he throws.

Stanzi's arm strength is more than adequate. He is like the big easy, Ernie Els in golf...it just looks so simple because he doesn't have to contort his body to get it there.

Rick's primary issue, IMO, is getting his feet set and planting them before he throws.

Stanzi has 8 months to get that down. He should be improved in this area come September.

Yeah Jon I agree, Rick's throws when he doesn't get his feet set can be just brutal limp ducks. Another thing - it seems to me like almost every deep throw he makes looks like a "fade" route, which isn't a bad thing since usually only the WR usually has a chance to get it.

PS - does anyone else think that Stanzi looks like Justin Timberlake with facial hair? I was laughing about that with some friends a while back. Get a picture of Stanzi, then get Timberlake in his "D*** in a Box" skit and check it out.

A pump fake every once in awhile wouldn't hurt and could turn some of those interceptions into big gains.

Next year, look for some pump fakes--everyone has been and will be playing the passing lanes and Stanzi can (and, I predict, will) take advantage of that next year.

A pump fake every once in awhile wouldn't hurt and could turn some of those interceptions into big gains.

Next year, look for some pump fakes--everyone has been and will be playing the passing lanes and Stanzi can (and, I predict, will) take advantage of that next year.

Pump faking, learning to move defenders with your eyes and pocket presence are things all D1 QB's struggle with...heck, most NFL QB's aren't able to all these things well. It will be interesting to see if Stanzi is able to grow in some of these areas that show a mature and more polished QB.

Latest posts