Stanzi needs our votes

2good2btru

Go to www.daveyobrien.org and register to vote for Stanzi for the Davey Obrien award to the years national QB winner. Same one Brad Banks won. He is currently in 10th out of 15 candidates. Our votes contribute to 5% of final tallies. The current leader is Jake Locker from Washington. We can do better then that! Ricky is up against the best(Tebow,McCoy,and Paulson to name a few). Get to this site and vote!

I voted for ricky - he's 10th in voting
Daryl clark is fourth

Let's help Ricky out here fellas.....

I'm still unclear about the critera of this award.

At this point the only reason I'm compelled to vote for Ricky is becasue he's a Hawkeye. Can anyone share some of the things Ricky has done to distinguish himself off of the field?

That may help in compelling other folks to vote in his favor.

He's a Hawk

1st Iowa QB to start a season 8-0

3 4th qtr. comebacks this year.....

Stat comparson to other Davey O'Brien award semi-finalists

Colt McCoy - 1806 YD 14 TD 8 INT

Tim Tebow - 1159 YD 8 TD 4 INT

Jake Locker - 1968 YD 12 TD 8 INT

Daryll Clark - 1884 YD 17 TD 7 INT

Zac Robinson - 1547 YD 12 TD 3 INT

Matt Barkley - 1540 YD 7 TD 5 INT

Ricky Stanzi - 1715 YD 12 TD 8 INT

But here is the "criteria" I can find....

Davey O’Brien, a Texas native, was a true sports hero at the high school, college and professional levels. He translated his prowess as a quarterback into a life of service and success. The Davey O’Brien Foundation honors his memory and continues to inspire athletes to live up to their greatest potential through awards and scholarship bearing his name. Since 1977, the Foundation’s awards programs have inspired and encouraged high school and college athletes to create their own legacy of greatness on and off the football field.

Ricky has (arguaby) comparable numbers to the others listed (Your numbers however, leaving out a HUGE stat which is QB rating). But what are the off the field achievements Ricky (or for that matter any of the other finalist) has performed to deserve this award?

I'm frustrated that awards have become simply a popularity contest and not based on anything remotely described in the critera. Ricky may very well ahve done things to warrant this award. All I'm saying is other than being a Hawk, I can't list compelling reasons Ricky should get this award over any of the other finalist.

I hate these fan voting things that sign you up for a bunch of junk emails...

* By entering this e-mail address you understand and agree to receive newsletters/notifications via e-mail from the Davey O’Brien Foundation in the future.

Latest posts